+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Toadofsteel Mock 2.0 (post-combine)

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    I originally had him going in round 2 (johnson in round 1, which now is definitely NOT going to happen), and if he survived to our 2nd round pick, I would be happy to take him there.

Then all the folks on here go "OMG HES NOT GOING TO BE THERE AT #49 YOUR DRAFT IS IMPOSSIBLE"

Maybe I could put Te'o in at 19, but ONLY IF I had some assurance that this whole fake girlfriend thing isn't going to cause locker room cancer...

As for Ogletree, I wouldn't take that ******* as a UDFA...

Would Fluker, Minter, Logan be a good first three rounds?
    I've been on record saying I like Logan a ton and feel he could be better value as a 3 tech option than the popular Floyd and Richardson. Minter has a early to mid 2nd round feel to him personally because some team will look past his frame at some point and roll the dice on him. Fluker doesn't make any sense in a Gilbride system since we love to throw deep a ton. He would get ate alive in this scheme imo.
    3/25/14 - Updated Mock with 5th round comp pick

1. Anthony Barr, Defensive End, UCLA
    2. Marcus Martin, Center Guard, USC
    3. Anthony Johnson, Defensive Nostril Tackle, LSU
    4. Marcel Jensen, Offensive End, Fresno State
    5. Wesley Johnson, Offensive Any Guard, Vanderbilt
    5. Aaron Colvin, Defensive Halfback, Oklahoma
    6. Storm Johnson, Guy Who Runs With Football, UCF

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    I've been on record saying I like Logan a ton and feel he could be better value as a 3 tech option than the popular Floyd and Richardson. Minter has a early to mid 2nd round feel to him personally because some team will look past his frame at some point and roll the dice on him. Fluker doesn't make any sense in a Gilbride system since we love to throw deep a ton. He would get ate alive in this scheme imo.
    Who would you put in the first? We desperately need a RT (I'm starting to have nightmares about the number 66)... and I don't want to wait until round 4. Maybe Dallas Thomas? But he's a reach in the first like I originally had minter.

Maybe if we could trade out of the first for an early team's (up until Cleveland) 2nd and 4th? Then Minter and Thomas in the second round would make sense and we get a free draft pick.
    Last edited by Toadofsteel; 02-27-2013 at 12:46 PM.

It's your mock. The way I see it though is if we do take an OL in the first, they have to display great mobility and an exceptional ability to pass block on deep throws. If you really want a RT, there's a few you could snag in the mid to late rounds anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    It's your mock. The way I see it though is if we do take an OL in the first, they have to display great mobility and an exceptional ability to pass block on deep throws. If you really want a RT, there's a few you could snag in the mid to late rounds anyhow.
    Would they be better than Diehl is right now, right off the bat?

Would they be better than Diehl is right now, right off the bat?
    Depends on the guy. The actual question is if the coaching staff feels he is better enough to warrant placing him over Diehl with tons of experience and knowledge of the playbook. I wouldn't be surprised if Brewer is actually better than Diehl as of this moment but maybe not enough for the Giants to let go of Diehl yet. He is a sort of security blanket on this Oline because of his versatility.

A passing team taking a right tackle who is not a good pass blocker at 19? Doesn't make much sense.

Minter can't back peddle and turn. If you enjoy watching the linebackers get beat in coverage all the time then he's your guy

Alright I'm updating to 2.1... Since the consensus here is that Minter is definitely NOT a first round pick, I'm dropping him back to the second. I don't want to hear any complaints that he's not going to be there at 49. We still need an ILB and Ogletree is NOT the answer. He will only completely destabalize our locker room...

We still need a beefy OT especially for the right side, so I'm putting Fluker in there.
    Why would u post a mock if u didnt want feedback from the rest of the board?

Quote Originally Posted by B-Red22 View Post
    Why would u post a mock if u didnt want feedback from the rest of the board?
    I do want to hear feedback. I listened to feedback from my first mock, and then heard the exact opposite feedback on 2.0... Getting contradictory feedback is what annoys me.

Quote Originally Posted by WiIdcat View Post
    Te'o has ZERO character issues...
    Its not character as much as it's mental stability.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

fluker and minter back to back...yuckkkkkk

+ Reply to Thread