+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Salary cap

Bench Player

Salary cap

Ian Rapoport has just tweeted to say that the salary cap for 2013 will be $123 million - up from last year's cap of $120.6million..

According to spotrac our cap figure is 118,881,198 which means we're currently $4,118,802 under - and that's without possibly restructures to the contracts of Diehl, Webster, Baas and possibly Manning.

Enough to get Cruz?
    Last edited by UKGiant_Ant; 02-28-2013 at 06:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UKGiant_Ant View Post
    Ian Rapoport has just tweeted to say that the salary cap for 2013 will be $123 million - up from last year's cap of $120.6million..

According to spotrac our cap figure is 118,881,198 which means we're currently $4,118,802 under - and that's without possibly restructures to the contracts of Diehl, Webster, Baas and possibly Manning.

Enough to get Cruz?

It's still unofficial, but that, in and of itself, would not be enough. What we're under now will cover only our draft picks
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

There's still Webster's and Diehl's restructures/paycut contracts down the road. We're still in February too. Longggg way to go.
    Last edited by BigBlueAllDay; 02-28-2013 at 06:54 PM.

Need around 5 just to sign the draft class...

I hear you but what does this mean?

Patricia Traina ‏@Patricia_Traina
    So with the cap at $123M, by my estimation, the Giants have a hair under $3M to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by ozzie0075 View Post
    Patricia Traina ‏@Patricia_Traina
    So with the cap at $123M, by my estimation, the Giants have a hair under $3M to work with.
    That damn number is different in EVERY report. Reese said it was "in good shape" lol

Of course he knows who else is leaving
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    That damn number is different in EVERY report. Reese said it was "in good shape" lol

Of course he knows who else is leaving
    I wouldn't believe anything he says right now. It's all patter for the media.

Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport
    Teams get more money to spend - salary cap for new league year is $123.9 million per team after accounting of league revenues, per sources.

Veteran
    123 or 123.9?