+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Beatty Deal is done!

Beatty's contract.

Let's play and try to figure out how much Reese is willing to spend on a contract for Will Beatty. The reason ? Calculating future handicaps and salary cap situation in the near future.
    Let the brain picking begin !
    He is about to turn 28 years old . So my best guess is a 5 year 37.5 mill contract . I should say that would be more or less a very " friendly team " contract in my estimation.

Quality starter LT's don't come cheap. Im thinking Beatty is looking for $8-10 M a year and will get it even with his back problem history.
    We Want 5!

Veteran
    Rochester, NY Yes Bills contry what can I do its where I live
    The back could be a sticking point. He may want to get as much money as he can as soon as he can in case he gets injured again. We may not want to risk bigger money, due to our cap troubles. We could lose him to a team with enough cap room to take a chance on his back holding up.

If he wants more than 8m APY then tag him and move on.

There are certain positions where you have to pay, no problem with that but in my mind Beatty is not a top tier LT. Don't get me wrong he is very good and should be paid as a very good LT. I'm thinking in the 7-8 Mil a year range for 4 years...

I agree, you can't franchise tag him, because he is not a top 5 LT. He's more like 6-10.
    Do not feed the trolls.

The question is would we have the cap space to afford even the 5 year 37.5M contract? We need to draft a tackle round1...

Thank you Reddit for the best gif ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    The question is would we have the cap space to afford even the 5 year 37.5M contract? We need to draft a tackle round1...
    +1
    Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    The giants only have 11 players under contract for more two seasons. Of course they will add salary to the cap when they resign guys like Nicks and JPP, but they don't have much in cap commitments going forward.

They should be able to afford Beatty if they want

Quote Originally Posted by laylow28 View Post
    Quality starter LT's don't come cheap. Im thinking Beatty is looking for $8-10 M a year and will get it even with his back problem history.
    If Beatty thinks that he warrants top 5 LT money, then* he's an idiot.
    Last edited by gmen0820; 02-21-2013 at 03:17 PM.

+ Reply to Thread