+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BlessedinBlue22 View Post
    That's close to 8 mil a year, for that we coulda signed Jake Long. I was thinking something like 5 mil a year, or a 4 year deal...not sold on Beatty's overall health, not exactly an iron man like Eli.
    do what now?????
    FUTURE NFL STAR

2014 season
    23 rushes for 255yards 3td
    39 pancake blocks
    50 tackles 3 sacks (3 td saving tackles including final tackle as time expired to clinch win, hit of the game 9/14 & 10/26 )
    9-0-1 record///// invited to play in tiny mite bowl and beat the team we tied in regular season
    youtube (youth football Iselin Giants and look for video that's 4 mins 19sec)

Evan Silva ‏@evansilva
    #Giants 5-year, $38.75M deal with Will Beatty is a market setter for deep free-agent OT class. Jake Long, Branden Albert will want more.

THERE IS A GOD

Thank you Reddit for the best gif ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I'd much rather we keep him at a much lower salary. I am predicting...not advocating.
    so your saying your ok with him as our #1 cb?
    FUTURE NFL STAR

2014 season
    23 rushes for 255yards 3td
    39 pancake blocks
    50 tackles 3 sacks (3 td saving tackles including final tackle as time expired to clinch win, hit of the game 9/14 & 10/26 )
    9-0-1 record///// invited to play in tiny mite bowl and beat the team we tied in regular season
    youtube (youth football Iselin Giants and look for video that's 4 mins 19sec)

Quote Originally Posted by quan the don View Post
    In what world is someone getting Jake Long for a 8 mill a year?
    Its the name poeple are attracted to. Beatty outplayed him last year. And as far as Beatty staying healthy...he proved it last year. great signing.

Im assuming diehl/ Cweb contracts are next on the agenda. Gonna be interesting

Quote Originally Posted by ryan12 View Post
    so your saying your ok with him as our #1 cb?
    Prince is our #1. I figure we will wait a bit during FA and bring in a vet corner to suppliment Webby and Hosely. If Webby goes, we'll need to bring in more than one, plus draft someone at least in the mid rounds.
    Keeping Webby means we can focus on other needs. But he needs to come back at a discount. And a big one. That's why I suspect he'll be the one cut.
    Get well soon 80.

Good news

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli TO Shockey View Post
    Its the name poeple are attracted to. Beatty outplayed him last year. And as far as Beatty staying healthy...he proved it last year. great signing.

Im assuming diehl/ Cweb contracts are next on the agenda. Gonna be interesting
    Exactly! Long was the 21st ranked tackle in '11 and dropped to 47th in '12. Beatty seems to be improving, while Long is regressing.

“We believe he is one of the ascending left tackles in the NFL.” - Jerry Reese on Will Beatty

Will Beatty on re-signing with the Giants: "It's good to be home!"

“It’s good to be home,” Beatty told Giants.com today. “It’s a great feeling. You could be going through free agency, but when that happens a lot of stuff is going through your mind. That feeling is no longer there. You’re settled in with a great team, a team I love playing for. I know the coaching staff. I’m looking forward to getting back in it and moving forward.

“I’m glad I don’t have any of those free agency jitters to deal with. It’s settled, we’re done and we’re moving on. The contract is behind you – you just have to make sure you’re out there on the field and being a leader out there.” - From Tom Rock

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Cruz will undoubtedly be tendered and end up with a 1 year, $2.8+ MM deal. Unless we negotiate a long term contract that is cap friendly in the short term.
    He has to be tendered by the 4th. I don't think Reese will just let him hit FA, but he could if, as some here believe, his talents can be found anywhere at any time.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80