+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 169
  1. #121
    All-Pro tonyt830's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Greenbrier, TN
    Posts
    7,528
    I was away from the computer for the most part today. I just read the great news. I have read through the thread to catch up some. I do agree that Webster and Diehl need to take a pay cut and/or be released. I think one reason Diehl stays for the time being is that Boothe is not yet re-signed. Diehl may not be a probowl starter on the O-line, but he is versatile and can play both tackle and guard positions.

    If Boothe is re-signed at a cap friendly number, than we may see the release of Diehl.

    As for Webster, he definitely did not play the way he was paid last year. But like a couple of posters mentioned, since Webster is going into a contract year, you may see the Webster of a couple years ago. He does have a high cap number this year and should take a pay cut. Unless Reese is confident that he can find a decent CB in FA at a friendly cap number, I have a feeling we will see Webster around this year at a lower salary.

    Its a tough call and tough decisions left to be made. I do think CB will be addressed early in the draft. But I will not be surprised to see O-linemen drafted this year either.
    One day, not today, not tomorrow, not this season, probably not next season either but one day, you and I are gonna wake up and suddenly we're gonna be like every other team in every other sport where winning is everything and nothing else matters. And when that day comes, well thats, thats when we'll honor them--Jack Lengyel Marshall University

  2. #122
    Starter
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Albany, NY
    Posts
    210

    Great news on locking up Will Beatty.

    Quote Originally Posted by ozzie0075 View Post
    Jenny Vrentas ‏@JennyVrentas
    LT Will Beatty re-signed with the Giants today on a 5-year, $37.5M deal (up to $38.75 w/incentives), per source. $19M fully guaranteed.

    Tom Rock ‏@TomRock_Newsday
    Beatty deal is 5 years/$38.75 million per source. $19 million guaranteed, including $12.5 mil signing bonus up front.

    Link: http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...ll_beatty.html
    Great news indeed.

  3. #123
    All-Pro TCHOF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    5,224
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzie0075 View Post
    For a good LT its a good fair deal for both.
    +1

  4. #124
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    95,433
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyt830 View Post
    I was away from the computer for the most part today. I just read the great news. I have read through the thread to catch up some. I do agree that Webster and Diehl need to take a pay cut and/or be released. I think one reason Diehl stays for the time being is that Boothe is not yet re-signed. Diehl may not be a probowl starter on the O-line, but he is versatile and can play both tackle and guard positions.

    If Boothe is re-signed at a cap friendly number, than we may see the release of Diehl.

    As for Webster, he definitely did not play the way he was paid last year. But like a couple of posters mentioned, since Webster is going into a contract year, you may see the Webster of a couple years ago. He does have a high cap number this year and should take a pay cut. Unless Reese is confident that he can find a decent CB in FA at a friendly cap number, I have a feeling we will see Webster around this year at a lower salary.

    Its a tough call and tough decisions left to be made. I do think CB will be addressed early in the draft. But I will not be surprised to see O-linemen drafted this year either.
    If they can get Diehl down to $1.5M, give or take, with performance incentives then he can be an effective ROTATIONAL player at 4 positions along the line.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  5. #125
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    35,098
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    If they can get Diehl down to $1.5M, give or take, with performance incentives then he can be an effective ROTATIONAL player at 4 positions along the line.
    Diehl is going to cost at least 2 mil against the cap no matter what.

    Vet min for an OL in the league as long as him is about a million.

    So if Diehl takes the max paycut possible he counts 3 mil against the cap.

    Cutting him it's down to 2 mil

  6. #126
    Starter blueribbon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    long island
    Posts
    425
    Thank you Mr. Reese.


  7. #127
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    95,433
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Diehl is going to cost at least 2 mil against the cap no matter what.

    Vet min for an OL in the league as long as him is about a million.

    So if Diehl takes the max paycut possible he counts 3 mil against the cap.

    Cutting him it's down to 2 mil
    I think we can use him at the right price, whatever that means lol
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  8. #128
    Great news!

  9. #129
    All-Pro tonyt830's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Greenbrier, TN
    Posts
    7,528
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Diehl is going to cost at least 2 mil against the cap no matter what.

    Vet min for an OL in the league as long as him is about a million.

    So if Diehl takes the max paycut possible he counts 3 mil against the cap.

    Cutting him it's down to 2 mil
    So cutting him would save 1 million against the cap than keeping him, assuming he takes the pay cut to the vet minimum for his position.

    He is versatile along the O-line. But if we cut Webster, we would save more money than cutting Diehl.
    One day, not today, not tomorrow, not this season, probably not next season either but one day, you and I are gonna wake up and suddenly we're gonna be like every other team in every other sport where winning is everything and nothing else matters. And when that day comes, well thats, thats when we'll honor them--Jack Lengyel Marshall University

  10. #130
    All-Pro Captain Chaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Emerald Isle, N.C.
    Posts
    9,356
    Nice job Mr. Reece!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts