+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Are there teams we could trade out of the first round with?

    I'm really getting the feeling that there's nothing really good that the Giants team needs that really works at #19. Ansah, Johnson, Rhodes, and Richardson will likely be gone (though I would snag any of those in a heartbeat if one of them happened to fall), Fluker and Minter are reaches in the first, I can't really see us taking Eifert in the first even if Bennett walks (JR would give his "JPP of Tight Ends" a chance to shine before taking a TE in round 1), Te'o is a mess mentally and Ogletree is a flat out cancer that we shouldn't even be THINKING of signing. #19 is just really an awkward position for us. Could we maybe find one of the first 6-7 teams to pick and trade our #19 pick for their 2nd (#33-40) and 4th? (or whatever equivalent value the #19 pick brings)
    Last edited by Toadofsteel; 02-27-2013 at 04:20 PM.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

  2. #2
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    35,205
    Three teams have 2 2nd round picks.

    Going by the old trade chart, giants pick at 19 is worth 875 points.


    49ers pick at 33 is worth 580, and their pick at 63 is worth 276. Total of 856

    But would there be anyone they would trade up to 19 for? Maybe Rhodes?

    Would love that trade for the giants.


    Cincy is another one - they have pick 37 (value 530) and pick 53 (value 370) total of 900.
    Perhaps they would like to add a DT, or an OL?

    And lastly miami

    Have picks 44 (value 460) and pick 54 (value 360), total of 820.

    Miami certainly would be interested in acquiring a WR, they need an OT if they dont resign Long and dont replace him in FA, and they need corners too

  3. #3
    All-Pro tonyt830's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Greenbrier, TN
    Posts
    7,528
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Three teams have 2 2nd round picks.

    Going by the old trade chart, giants pick at 19 is worth 875 points.


    49ers pick at 33 is worth 580, and their pick at 63 is worth 276. Total of 856

    But would there be anyone they would trade up to 19 for? Maybe Rhodes?

    Would love that trade for the giants.


    Cincy is another one - they have pick 37 (value 530) and pick 53 (value 370) total of 900.
    Perhaps they would like to add a DT, or an OL?

    And lastly miami

    Have picks 44 (value 460) and pick 54 (value 360), total of 820.

    Miami certainly would be interested in acquiring a WR, they need an OT if they dont resign Long and dont replace him in FA, and they need corners too
    there are possibilities out there, but like you said would there be someone there at 19 that one of those teams would want to trade up for. Thanks for posting that info. I used to have a trade chart saved in one of my files on the computer. Do the values change from year to year in regards to the trade charts?
    One day, not today, not tomorrow, not this season, probably not next season either but one day, you and I are gonna wake up and suddenly we're gonna be like every other team in every other sport where winning is everything and nothing else matters. And when that day comes, well thats, thats when we'll honor them--Jack Lengyel Marshall University

  4. #4
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    35,205
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyt830 View Post
    there are possibilities out there, but like you said would there be someone there at 19 that one of those teams would want to trade up for. Thanks for posting that info. I used to have a trade chart saved in one of my files on the computer. Do the values change from year to year in regards to the trade charts?
    It always changes. Based on who is there and how many teams want them

  5. #5
    All-Pro tonyt830's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Greenbrier, TN
    Posts
    7,528
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    It always changes. Based on who is there and how many teams want them
    so let me get this straight, you said the Giants 19th pick is 875 on the trade value chart, correct. So is that to say that last years 19th pick might have had a value lower or higher, maybe 865 or 890?

    And I understand that some teams may trade with you and you might get more value(based on the trade chart) if they really want to get their guy.
    One day, not today, not tomorrow, not this season, probably not next season either but one day, you and I are gonna wake up and suddenly we're gonna be like every other team in every other sport where winning is everything and nothing else matters. And when that day comes, well thats, thats when we'll honor them--Jack Lengyel Marshall University

  6. #6
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    35,205
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyt830 View Post
    so let me get this straight, you said the Giants 19th pick is 875 on the trade value chart, correct. So is that to say that last years 19th pick might have had a value lower or higher, maybe 865 or 890?

    And I understand that some teams may trade with you and you might get more value(based on the trade chart) if they really want to get their guy.
    The trade value chart is just a rough guide. If there is nobody at 19 that any team wants hey may offer their 2nd and a 6th. Which would be way less than the trade value chart says you deserve. But that's what supply and demand does.

  7. #7
    All-Pro Captain Chaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Emerald Isle, N.C.
    Posts
    9,360
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Three teams have 2 2nd round picks.

    Going by the old trade chart, giants pick at 19 is worth 875 points.


    49ers pick at 33 is worth 580, and their pick at 63 is worth 276. Total of 856

    But would there be anyone they would trade up to 19 for? Maybe Rhodes?

    Would love that trade for the giants.


    Cincy is another one - they have pick 37 (value 530) and pick 53 (value 370) total of 900.
    Perhaps they would like to add a DT, or an OL?

    And lastly miami

    Have picks 44 (value 460) and pick 54 (value 360), total of 820.

    Miami certainly would be interested in acquiring a WR, they need an OT if they dont resign Long and dont replace him in FA, and they need corners too
    Thanks for doing the homework on this one! It's seems possible...

  8. #8
    Eifert is a good pick square in the middle at #19. Miami (and to a lesser extent Cincy) could use a TE...

    Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

  9. #9
    Veteran Mlerman17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Binghamton/L.I., NY
    Posts
    743
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Eifert is a good pick square in the middle at #19. Miami (and to a lesser extent Cincy) could use a TE...
    cincy has jermaine gresham who is young and coming off a pro bowl season.


  10. #10
    Veteran Mlerman17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Binghamton/L.I., NY
    Posts
    743
    they also have orson charles


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts