+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tony Gonzalez?

Hybrid View

Tony Gonzalez?

Unrestricted free agent. He wanted to play for the Giants before.

I doubt he'd come cheap.

We need a long term answer and Tony is closer to his 4th decade than the beginning of his 3rd. In hindsight, Bennett should've probably gotten a two or three year deal last season. I think they either trust Robinson or get themselves a tight end in the draft at some point.

We haven't had a good TE since Shockey and honestly, it's a shame what happened to him. He was one of my favorite players, mowing people down, but he got angry too easily and cost us plays. Some Mock Drafts have us taking that one TE from Stanford I think? I forget, but it seems TE's aren't what they used to be..I miss TE's that would punish you and could take punishment like Mark Bavaro. It's a real shame he's not in the Hall of Fame, as he was one of the best TE's of his time and got Simms out of jams.

Parcells once told Simms "When Bavaro is covered, he's open", and I only know that thanks to Simms constantly repeating that line in Madden 13.

Ignore his age, the guy is still a top TE and is paid accordingly. He counted for $5.9 million against Atlanta's cap last season.
    If the Giants could afford to drop that much on the position, Bennett would probably be locked up by now.

He not only cost us plays but games too. Shame..By yea we need another shockey but one that's not a head case.
    Quote Originally Posted by DIPSET_ALL_DAY View Post
    We haven't had a good TE since Shockey and honestly, it's a shame what happened to him. He was one of my favorite players, mowing people down, but he got angry too easily and cost us plays. Some Mock Drafts have us taking that one TE from Stanford I think? I forget, but it seems TE's aren't what they used to be..I miss TE's that would punish you and could take punishment like Mark Bavaro. It's a real shame he's not in the Hall of Fame, as he was one of the best TE's of his time and got Simms out of jams.

Parcells once told Simms "When Bavaro is covered, he's open", and I only know that thanks to Simms constantly repeating that line in Madden 13.

I don't think it would be worth it....

I think he's either going to retire or resign with the Falcons.

If we aren't going to sign Bennett, we're not likely going to sign Gonzalez.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Let's sign someone younger than Roanoke.
    the "realist" is a lazy piece of crap that works on his tan while sipping a margarita,
    the pessimist changes the sails while complaining about the lazy piece of crap,
    and the optimist changes the sails while hoping the lazy piece of crap will start to do his share of the work.