+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tony Gonzalez?

Too old and too much $

as much as i like gonzalez i think his age and his contract requirements would be too big, there are good tight ends in the draft and that is probably what we should do. all of this is based on whether or not the kid we drafted last year doesn't work out....

Quote Originally Posted by egyptian420 View Post
    Too old and too much $
    still very productive.. but yea too much money

He not only cost us plays but games too. Shame..By yea we need another shockey but one that's not a head case.
    Quote Originally Posted by DIPSET_ALL_DAY View Post
    We haven't had a good TE since Shockey and honestly, it's a shame what happened to him. He was one of my favorite players, mowing people down, but he got angry too easily and cost us plays. Some Mock Drafts have us taking that one TE from Stanford I think? I forget, but it seems TE's aren't what they used to be..I miss TE's that would punish you and could take punishment like Mark Bavaro. It's a real shame he's not in the Hall of Fame, as he was one of the best TE's of his time and got Simms out of jams.

Parcells once told Simms "When Bavaro is covered, he's open", and I only know that thanks to Simms constantly repeating that line in Madden 13.

Veteran
    Tony Gonzalez is only good when you have 2 excellent WRs like Atlanta did. If we keep Nicks and Cruz then he will be a good TE but he's too old now.

He has already said IF he does play another year it will only be for Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    still very productive.. but yea too much money
    Yea he could definitely still play but it would be nice for us to have a long term answer at TE instead of these one year temporary solutions, and he's obviously unaffordable

I'd be happy if we drafted a TE or Robinson ends up being the real deal

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Let's sign someone younger than Roanoke.
    LOL!

Perhaps we should have taken him a couple of years ago when he expressed interest? Anyway it depends on what owners are attempting to accomplish. Are we trying to win another SB now, with the big game in our house, or are we in a rebuilding mode for the future...a youth movement?

Also, Tony has said the only reason he would come back would be to win a ring. This is not about the money. The guy really wants to go out a champion. I really respect his character and his commitment to the game. He is a New York Giant kind of guy but you guys are probably right it's too late in his career now for such a move.

+ Reply to Thread