+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thank You!

Starter

Thank You!

Now that Beatty's deal is done we don't have to waste a pick on a stupid LT. This team's problem is their ****** defense and defense is almost certain to be the pick now! Just can't see Jerry taking Fluker or a guard at 19 so I'm hoping for DL, LB, or CB. BPA please.

Stupid? The 6 most important positions on the team are Eli and the 5 guys in front of him. Give Eli enough time to throw and he can make miracles happen. To a lesser extent, the run game: give Wilson some good blockers and he can make miracles happen too. Not to mention a beefy OL means Wilson can run routes on pass plays rather than be forced to block all the time (not his strong suit). Honestly with the way the game gives so much advantage, a beefy offense is much more important than defense...

That said, unless Beatty is willing to play RT (which given the contract we offered, he was definitely paid to be a LT), there's just nobody at 19 worthy of taking as a RT or G unless somehow Chance Warmack falls to us (Which could happen given that taking a G before 15 is taboo for some reason, but unlikely since Dallas will probably take him if he's on the board then...)
    Last edited by Toadofsteel; 02-28-2013 at 08:21 AM.

We currently have 5 OTs on the team (Beatty, DD, McCants, Mosely, Brewer) for two positions. I'd be surprised if the Giants go OT in this draft and if they do, it shows how they feel about their current crop of homegrown talent.

We do need depth (and/or possible starter) at OG. With Boothe still unsigned and Snee approaching his last days, we have a considerable lack here.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Stupid? The 6 most important positions on the team are Eli and the 5 guys in front of him. Give Eli enough time to throw and he can make miracles happen. To a lesser extent, the run game: give Wilson some good blockers and he can make miracles happen too. Not to mention a beefy OL means Wilson can run routes on pass plays rather than be forced to block all the time (not his strong suit). Honestly with the way the game gives so much advantage, a beefy offense is much more important than defense...

That said, unless Beatty is willing to play RT (which given the contract we offered, he was definitely paid to be a LT), there's just nobody at 19 worthy of taking as a RT or G unless somehow Chance Warmack falls to us (Which could happen given that taking a G before 15 is taboo for some reason, but unlikely since Dallas will probably take him if he's on the board then...)
    I agree with you. If you Cant protect Eli it doesn't matter if you have Megatron to throw to. He cant throw the ball laying on his back
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

With that said... TOADOFSTEEL hit nail right on the head. As long as he has 5 SOLID players right in front of him he will make the ORDINARY WR look like a SUPERSTAR. IF the guy can catch the ball ELI will put it right there

4-New York Giants!!!!!

Now the question of YAC is another Story. That is a little harder to find out there and when you have guys like Nicks and Cruz you want to do all you can to try and secure them long term. These guys are the ones that will boost Elis Stats and put Points on the Board turning 10 or 15 yard plays into 75 yard TDs... not all WRs have that Gift

4-New York Giants!!!!!

We need some interior olineman.. A center to replace Baas either this yr, if hes cut, or next yr, and a Guard if we lose boothe and and/or to replace Snee in a yr or 2... I'm fine with Brewer getting dibs at RT, but were not sure hes gonna do the job, so a G/T combo player would be ideal.. A guy like Brian Winters, Barrett Jones, Oday Aboushi, Hugh Thornton, Alvin Bailey would be nice picks at some point.. I'm not against drafting Terron Armstead in RD2, as his upsides through the roof and he can be backup RT to Brewer and/or starter at RT, and it gives us someone on our roster to fill in at LT if injury prone beatty gets hurt again, or if he dosen't finish his whole contract with us because injuries and or lack of good play for duration of contract..

Oline is important and we need a couple young studs on interior and possibly at RT and even a guy who can play LT in a pinch...

Barrett Jones just became one of my top targets if he's still there in the 2nd round. Has played LG, LT and Center... and he did them all well, in the best conference in CFB playing for the best team right now in CFB. I don't think he'd be great at OT, but now having a guy that could project at center or guard is perfect for us.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    We need some interior olineman.. A center to replace Baas either this yr, if hes cut, or next yr, and a Guard if we lose boothe and and/or to replace Snee in a yr or 2... I'm fine with Brewer getting dibs at RT, but were not sure hes gonna do the job, so a G/T combo player would be ideal.. A guy like Brian Winters, Barrett Jones, Oday Aboushi, Hugh Thornton, Alvin Bailey would be nice picks at some point.. I'm not against drafting Terron Armstead in RD2, as his upsides through the roof and he can be backup RT to Brewer and/or starter at RT, and it gives us someone on our roster to fill in at LT if injury prone beatty gets hurt again, or if he dosen't finish his whole contract with us because injuries and or lack of good play for duration of contract..

Oline is important and we need a couple young studs on interior and possibly at RT and even a guy who can play LT in a pinch...
    +1....Beatty and possibly Boothe are the only 2 guys on this line that I can say I'm comfortable with, everyone else is either unproven or just awful...this O-line still needs a ton of help

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    I agree with you. If you Cant protect Eli it doesn't matter if you have Megatron to throw to. He cant throw the ball laying on his back
    It's not just keeping Eli upright, it's giving him time to go through progressions and give receivers time to get open. I'm a big believer that the battle in the trenches has to be won to have a consistent passing and running game. We saw that in the Carolina game and New Orleans game (by way of their d-lines sucking so hard that even our piss poor OL could beat them in the trenches) that, respectively, Eli could make Barden look like a pro bowler, and Wilson can break out in the running game.With a superior OL capable of blocking anyone and Eli under center, we could beat ANY team in this league, even if we were forced to roll with Barden and Jernigan (if he learns how to hold onto the rock) as our X and Z receivers, Pascoe as our TE, and Lumpkin/Scott as our RB combo.

+ Reply to Thread