+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Player or Players u think could sneak into RD 1 that currently aren't projected there

Player or Players u think could sneak into RD 1 that currently aren't projected there

Almost every yr a guy or 2 sneaks into RD 1 or goes somewhere in RD 1 that not many if any thought would go in RD1.. Who do u think has a chance to be this yrs James Carpenter, Tim Tebow, AJ Jenkins, Donald Brown, or Duane Brown..etc?

I think Terron Armstead OT Ark Pine Bluff, Tank Carradine DE Florida St, and Larry Warford are 3guys who someone could fall in love with and take in RD1.. Again, guys who no one really has going in Rd1..

I'd also add Margus Hunt, David Amerson, and Tyler Wilson to that list...

I was going to say Amerson after his combine performance. Here are a few more:

Blidi Wreh Wilson
    Menelik Watson
    Vance McDonald

E.J. Manuel...not kidding at all. He has the measurables for some team to potentially want to gamble on him somewhere in the 1st. Didn't really like what I saw from his film but with a weak crop of QBs, a lot of that could be overlooked for his ceiling.

I've seen plenty of mocks that don't have Okafor in the first... I think he's a first round player. I've seen some that do though so I'm not sure if he qualifies.

I could see Amerson and I've been thinking for a while that Wilson could be a surprise first rounder as well.

Quote Originally Posted by tdawg1413 View Post
    I was going to say Amerson after his combine performance. Here are a few more:

Blidi Wreh Wilson
    Menelik Watson
    Vance McDonald
    Ya, Menelik Watson is a good guess as well.. Upside, athletic, good sized...etc It seems teams are just looking for a reason to take him, and a big proday could be his ticket into rd 1, possibly..

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    E.J. Manuel...not kidding at all. He has the measurables for some team to potentially want to gamble on him somewhere in the 1st. Didn't really like what I saw from his film but with a weak crop of QBs, a lot of that could be overlooked for his ceiling.
    Thats not a bad guess, either...

David Amerson, Robert Woods, Jordan Poyer, Ontario McCalleb, Sylvester Williams.

Looking at the answers, i think David Amerson has the most votes on here....

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Thats not a bad guess, either...
    Yep, although I personally wouldnt touch him. He personaly lost wayyyyy too many big games with horrible decisions.

I think Tank Carradine, partly based on my own opinion and partly based on the reaction some scouts had to his build at the combine.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    I think the Jets should take him. Manuel has some bad tape but this QB class is awful. If u can coach him up a lot he has the tools. Jets need a lot of players so if they can move back and get an extra 3rd or 2nd and get Manuel I dont think its a bad idea

+ Reply to Thread