+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Linebackers

Linebackers

I have heard a lot of people say that Khaseem Greene and Arthur Brown are too small to play MLB. My question is why? Brown is 6' 241lbs and Greene is 6'1 242lbs. That is almost exactly the same size as Manti Teo who everyone agrees can and will play MLB.

Patrick Willis 6'1 242
    Navorro Bowman 6' 242
    etc.

So again, why are they "too small" to play MLB?

Quote Originally Posted by WiIdcat View Post
    I have heard a lot of people say that Khaseem Greene and Arthur Brown are too small to play MLB. My question is why? Brown is 6' 241lbs and Greene is 6'1 242lbs. That is almost exactly the same size as Manti Teo who everyone agrees can and will play MLB.

Patrick Willis 6'1 242
    Navorro Bowman 6' 242
    etc.

So again, why are they "too small" to play MLB?
    I love arthur brown, but stand him next to willis and bowman and you will have your answer.

on another te'o note, reese says that the giants will consider him, or could that be code for we dont want to tip our hand on who we really like?

Well Willis and Bowman play in the 3-4, and I think a bigger LB fits a 4-3 better, but neither Brown nor Greene have the 49rs LB speed, so that takes away from them. I love Grene and Brown, I think the Giants should take a chance at both of them. In round 2 I think Brown will be gone, but if Greene is there I think is a no brainer, if we don't take a Lb in the first.

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    I love arthur brown, but stand him next to willis and bowman and you will have your answer.
    Are we talking a body building competion or football? Bcuz if its about the looks then perhaps we should bring sintim back & aaron curry should be someone we should look into

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel_1 View Post
    Well Willis and Bowman play in the 3-4, and I think a bigger LB fits a 4-3 better, but neither Brown nor Greene have the 49rs LB speed, so that takes away from them. I love Grene and Brown, I think the Giants should take a chance at both of them. In round 2 I think Brown will be gone, but if Greene is there I think is a no brainer, if we don't take a Lb in the first.
    it has to be brown, he fits the giants system like a glove and he is ready to play.

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel_1 View Post
    Wouldn't it make sense to have bigger linebackers in a 3-4 since there are only 3 lineman in front of them vs being protected by 4 lineman in a 4-3? Not have the speed?? Bowman ran a 4.7 while Greene and Brown are both expected to run in the low 4.6s...

Combine measurements.

Arthur Brown comes in at 6'0" flat and 244 lbs.
    LB Alec Ogletree 6-2, 242 with 33 1/2-inch arms -

Quote Originally Posted by myles2424 View Post
    Are we talking a body building competion or football? Bcuz if its about the looks then perhaps we should bring sintim back & aaron curry should be someone we should look into
    Yea idk what that really means. All three weigh 240 lbs and i fail to see an ounce of fat on Brown. So what's your point Eli?

Measurements

Manti Te'o 6'1, 241 lbs
    Kevin Minter 6'0 flat 246 lbs