+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Giants' Eli Manning Slated To Have League's Highest CAP Number in 2013

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    He's being paid according to the terms of his original contract and a restructure. Overpaid or not, he is entitled to every penny.
    Is he entitled to it because of the contract he signed or because he truely deserves it?
    "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Is he entitled to it because of the contract he signed or because he truely deserves it?
    Legally
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Calm down. Not only do we have a top 10 QB, but we have the only NFL QB who has won 2 SBs in the past five years. That combination should make him the #1 paid QB. However, we are talking CAP hit anyway, not salary. Two entirely different things.
    Do not feed the trolls.

It doesn't matter if he deserves it or not. He signed a contract and he's entitled to every bit of it.

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

Bench Player
    According to the article he's already restructured his contract several times and its seems like a lot of work to do it again so with that being said, Eli's salary isn't changing, I don't think he needs 2 because he deserves the money anyway so back to the drawing board......

Why can't people understand that what Eli is making is what the going rate is for SB winning QBs? So what he doesn't put up the numbers like Brees, Brady and Rodgers because when the chips are down, he will win 90% of the time. Eli deserves every penny. If he chooses to take less money that would be great. But he doesn't have to.

I'd love to see him restructure to bring the cap level down a bit, but he was a huge part if not the largest reason why the Giants won the super bowl last year. In New York, winning two superbowls he is going to command a ton of money.

So 2 Super Bowl MVP performance is not worth it for you? I would say that's valid proof he earned it. In any case, what is your alternative, cut him? Don't expect him to voluntarily take a pay cut because you want him to and you think that's what's going to win him another Super Bowl and you'd like to volunteer his salary for the greater good of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    So Cruz is talentless then?
    thats called putting words in my mouth, but its evident when cruz moved outside he was less successful and never did i take anything away from cruz but merely that Eli is the heart of this and we can win without cruz. Will it be harder yes, but we cannot win without eli

+ Reply to Thread