+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Giants' Eli Manning Slated To Have League's Highest CAP Number in 2013

I feel dumber after reading this whole thread.

Quote Originally Posted by StrahanSoup92 View Post
    I feel dumber after reading this whole thread.
    I just bought a soda for $1.25 and a candy bar for $1.00. That was a major cap hit to me right now. I think that is all I can understand at this point.

Restructures are what got the Giants in their current mess. Sometimes, you just have to pay the guy(s) in any given year and be done with it, instead of mortgaging the future by making room today. Just ask Dallas, who today are in even more trouble than the Giants are, cap-wise

Quote Originally Posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
    He is not overpaid he just has an overloaded contract due to restructures. That been said if Eli and FO are willing to work together to bring cap numbers down they can tear the actual contract and redo a new one with an extension. Plain and simple.
    I love Eli and I hope he does just that...maybe the money he could free up helps in the retention of Nicks and Cruz.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    We just have to nut up and eat this cap hit. No more damaging the future with his salary. Maybe an extension but this is the year to address the restructures.
    He could help the team like Brady and take a 2 year 20 million dollar extension and lower the cap hits

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    He could help the team like Brady and take a 2 year 20 million dollar extension and lower the cap hits
    He'd need to be offered an extension first.

Not sure why criticism keeps getting angled towards Eli - he's done nothing wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    He'd need to be offered an extension first.

Not sure why criticism keeps getting angled towards Eli - he's done nothing wrong.
    They can't officially approach Eli until March 8th
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by Die-Hard View Post
    Restructures are what got the Giants in their current mess. Sometimes, you just have to pay the guy(s) in any given year and be done with it, instead of mortgaging the future by making room today. Just ask Dallas, who today are in even more trouble than the Giants are, cap-wise
    +1, the Cowboys and Redskins also have to contend with the CAP penalties.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    He'd need to be offered an extension first. Not sure why criticism keeps getting angled towards Eli - he's done nothing wrong.
    It's not criticism, its just math. Nothing wrong with asking him to help the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    It's not criticism, its just math. Nothing wrong with asking him to help the team.
    Eli's cap number is a result of Reese's restructuring.
    If you want math, check the bloated contracts of the average free agents he signed.

+ Reply to Thread