+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Giants' Eli Manning Slated To Have League's Highest CAP Number in 2013

no professional athlete is worth what they make to play a game.

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    It's like we never won a game before Eli
    Who would you replace with Eli and what would it cost. Probably a $100m contract over 7 years and possibly 2, #1 draft choices, over 2 years.. It would be very expensive to replace Eli, much cheaper to keep him and keep winning now. If you draft a rookie qb that is as good as Eli, you still will be 3 years before a SB would be expected.

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by danielboone View Post
    In my opinion Brady's recent extension has put some moral pressure on Eli to do something similar. Brady has said his main objective in the extension is to be on a winning team. Yes, you can argue Eli's two wins over Brady are worth the huge salary difference between them but I don't buy that argument.
    Brady extension to the uninformed public, appears to be helping the Patriots, in reality, Brady got a 20 M bonus raise, to finish his career with the Patriots. Morally Eli owes the Giants, nothing. He would have been successful anywhere he played, maybe not with Super Bowls , but sitll successful. Be happy we have him and enjoy the next 5 to 7 years he is here.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by rar57 View Post
    Who would you replace with Eli and what would it cost. Probably a $100m contract over 7 years and possibly 2, #1 draft choices, over 2 years.. It would be very expensive to replace Eli, much cheaper to keep him and keep winning now. If you draft a rookie qb that is as good as Eli, you still will be 3 years before a SB would be expected.
    I think the point was that some people seem to have the impression that the Giants never won before Eli and will never win when he retires. There is a faction of people on this board that have Eli on such a high pedestal that Joe Montana becomes a mere mortal in comparison. No one is suggesting he be replaced... some need to lighten up a bit and recognize that the Giants will very likely win a SB even after Eli retires.
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

yes he isnt getting 20mill yes he is still overpaid. 100m over 7 years is too much.
    The pessimist complains about the wind;
    The optimist expects it to change;
    The realist adjusts the sails."
    - William Arthur Ward -

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    yes he isnt getting 20mill yes he is still overpaid. 100m over 7 years is too much.
    Then what's Flacco's 6 year 120m? Talk about overpaid!

Quote Originally Posted by giantsforce View Post
    also too much , but Eli's contract was several years ago when other franchise qb's were getting 10 years 100mill.
    The pessimist complains about the wind;
    The optimist expects it to change;
    The realist adjusts the sails."
    - William Arthur Ward -

Quote Originally Posted by giantsforce View Post
    It's just the going rate for a franchise quarterback; you either want one or you don't.

Disturbingly, the number just keeps getting higher.

Quote Originally Posted by rar57 View Post
    We are going to have to face that reality some day.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    So Cruz is talentless then?
    Nobody is saying that... But Eli won two Super Bowls with entirely different talent surrounding him each time. Plax, Amani, Steve Smith, Kevin Boss, all gone by SB XLVI.

And none of them has had success after parting ways with Eli. Even Manningham.

+ Reply to Thread