+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmen2005 View Post
    I'd love to see him restructure to bring the cap level down a bit
    Nah, you don't want that. Doing so will only raise his hit in future years.
    You think $20 mil is bad? It'll get even higher if his contract undergoes another restructure.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Exactly why I keep saying, he is overpaid. I dont care what he has done in the past, he isnt a top tier QB in the league (Brady, Peyton, Rodgers) and will be making over 15% of the teams cap, crippling the team around him, and really eliminating the solid chance of staying competitive to win a Superbowl in the long run. If he had a hit of say, 12-14M, we could easily keep Cruz, Nicks and maybe Phillips. Instead we most likely are losing 2 of those 3 which will be tough to rebound from. We now really have to rely on hitting HRs in the draft to fill our needs and have no slack for mistakes.

I should clarify, I LOVE ELI being on this team as he has and obviously can get it done in the postseason, but I see him as a 5-8 best QB in the league. He doesnt dominate with his arm as much as he does with his head. Great QB to have, but not sure he is worth the 21M he is going to get from here on out. It hurts the team more then helps IMO.
    Now look what ya done Roanoke!

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty192 View Post
    Now look what ya done Roanoke!
    We need some excitement lol
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Eli's numbers?
    Yeah. Maybe he would be willing to do an extension or something? Something that may help the cap situation out a bit and guarantee him a longer contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Yeah. Maybe he would be willing to do an extension or something? Something that may help the cap situation out a bit and guarantee him a longer contract.
    I guess the question is how much longer does Reese & Co. think Eli will be effective? An extension in the framework of what Brady just did would be the only financially reasonable course to take I think. But that would require more guaranteed money that we will be on the hook for even if Eli were to not finish out his contract.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Is a 2-3 year extension an option in hopes of spreading things out a bit more? Love Eli, but his cap number is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by AGiantDynasty View Post
    Is a 2-3 year extension an option in hopes of spreading things out a bit more? Love Eli, but his cap number is ridiculous.
    Yes

I guess it will not be until Eli is gone before some folks will appreciate what he did for the team.

Quote Originally Posted by rebelfan1966 View Post
    I guess it will not be until Eli is gone before some folks will appreciate what he did for the team.
    It's funny how much things can change in a single year.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    It's funny how much things can change in a single year.
    Yea it is..... no doubt.