+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

I have the feeling the 49ers will make a run at Cruz

Even though Cruz is restricted, Cruz is relatively young and would make an instant impact on the 49ers. The extra draft picks the 49ers acquired from the Chiefs make this a real possibility. It is right along Harbaugh's line of thinking too. Improve the 49ers offense and weaken one of their potential playoff rivals.

Except that while he'd weaken our passing game a little, he'd bolster us by giving us a second 1st rounder.

How did it go with Brandon Jacobs? And aren't they gunning for Revis too? The Giants don't need the Niners to not make the playoffs, they can do that by themselves. When the Giants make it to the dance though, it does not matter how good the team they're supposed to be playing against, all bets are off and they can rise to the occasion. This is the same team who beat the 16-0 Patriots and 15-1 Packers after all.

Veteran
    Cruz for a first rounder?

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Except that while he'd weaken our passing game a little, he'd bolster us by giving us a second 1st rounder.
    while i would take the pick, were looking at the second to last pick in the first round. i think 9ers would see that as a pro for doing it, its not like its a sweet mid 1st round pick. might as well consider it an early shot at a second rounder that would be unlikely to fall to us.

i still dont know if they do it tho.

Quote Originally Posted by WinterIsComing View Post
    Even though Cruz is restricted, Cruz is relatively young and would make an instant impact on the 49ers. The extra draft picks the 49ers acquired from the Chiefs make this a real possibility. It is right along Harbaugh's line of thinking too. Improve the 49ers offense and weaken one of their potential playoff rivals.
    It could happen, but it's not probable for a 1st round pick. We'll see if Reese tenders Cruz by March 4th.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by TextureDj View Post
    while i would take the pick, were looking at the second to last pick in the first round. i think 9ers would see that as a pro for doing it, its not like its a sweet mid 1st round pick. might as well consider it an early shot at a second rounder that would be unlikely to fall to us.

i still dont know if they do it tho.
    Considering we've gotten guys like Kiwi, KP, and Nicks in the bottom of the first, it's not like there's not excellent players to be had there.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    It could happen, but it's not probable for a 1st round pick. We'll see if Reese tenders Cruz by March 4th.
    If Cruz isn't tendered or have a new deal by then, Reese should be fired.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    If Cruz isn't tendered or have a new deal by then, Reese should be fired.
    There are those here who would disagree with you and me. Cruz can be replaced by any average WR it has been suggested.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Veteran
    Cruz will get tendered, if not extended. If the niners want to give us a first and third, then great.