+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: I have the feeling the 49ers will make a run at Cruz

Quote Originally Posted by TheShouldersOf View Post
    Cruz has talent, but has been said multiple times he is not a top 5 receiver in the NFL, the past two season he has double digit drops, he doesn't do much for Run blocking, has ran wrong routes ( as many others ) he was taken out of numerous games last season despite his 1000yard numbers

his ability is in his elusiveness

he is replaceable, like anyone is replaceable, there are superior receivers then him,
    Of course, he is replaceable but at what price. There aren't that many better receivers. i don't know where he ended up in receiving yards at the end of the season but I am pretty sure it was within the first 10. And nobody is mentioning the fact that Eli was not the same QB last year as he was in 2011!!!! He was way less accurate. The fact is Cruz was the best receiver on the team and among the best in the league. That's what the numbers tell you if you are open minded enough to consider them.

In addition, you must have been watching a different season than the one I watched. I never saw him get taken out of a game. I did see him come back in to games after taking heavy shots. I did see him play smart and not take unnecessary hits protecting himself for sure but also helping the team by staying healthy. I did see Eli have a bunch of very mediocre performances.

I think many will be surprised by how high Cruz's value will be in the open market even considering he is RFA.

Indeed, i don't mean taken out as taken out of the game physically, i mean taken out as beat by the defenders,

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/gamelo...53/victor-cruz

Quote Originally Posted by Giants5699 View Post
    1st and a 3rd for Cruz? I'll take it.
    It's ONLY one first round pick
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by NorwoodBlue View Post
    Agreed , he hurt himself badly by putting in some really bad games last year. When Nicks was playing hurt, Cruz had some absolutely horrible games. I seriously doubt any team is willing to pay the salary he wants while he has the RFA obligations attached to him.
    Did Eli hurt himself as well last season with some of the games he put in?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

It would be a nightmare for us if we gave away cruz to the 49ers of all teams. Cruz could help make that team more lethal then they already are.

And why give Cruz to one of our biggest rivals? 49ers are our biggest rivals outside of the NFC EAST division.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBookOfEli View Post
    It would be a nightmare for us if we gave away cruz to the 49ers of all teams. Cruz could help make that team more lethal then they already are.

And why give Cruz to one of our biggest rivals? 49ers are our biggest rivals outside of the NFC EAST division.
    It is really unlikely we will lose Cruz this season once he's tendered. They have until March 4th and it could just be they have been negotiating and will ink a long term deal before then. If he's tendered, the odds are he'll play here in 2013 and John Mara has already saoid they will continue to work on a long term deal if that happens.

He won't be a Niner, Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    He won't be a Niner, Jesus.
    Jesus would be on the Saints, no?

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Jesus would be on the Saints, no?
    Nah, Jets last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Nah, Jets last year.
    Ewwwww

+ Reply to Thread