+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I have the feeling the 49ers will make a run at Cruz

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    There are those here who would disagree with you and me. Cruz can be replaced by any average WR it has been suggested.
    Honestly, it doesn't matter if he can be replaced by my dog. If nothing else he has perceived valued around the league and if we're going to lose him this year, we better damn well get compensation for him. It would be gross negligence on Reese's part to do otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    Cruz will get tendered, if not extended. If the niners want to give us a first and third, then great.
    Only a first
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

don't forget the Niners would have to give Cruz his money too... plus the 1st rounder

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Honestly, it doesn't matter if he can be replaced by my dog. If nothing else he has perceived valued around the league and if we're going to lose him this year, we better damn well get compensation for him. It would be gross negligence on Reese's part to do otherwise.
    I am sure you're right, I happen to think Cruz has unique talents, and do you want me to talk to Jerry about a work out for your pooch? Reese is likely to wait until the last moment to apply the tender.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Like I said in the Alex Smith traded thread in the General Sports forum yesterday, the 49ers are getting No. 34 from the Chiefs and will have the No. 31 and No. 34 picks in the draft. From the 49ers perspective, outbidding the Giants and forking over the No. 31 pick isn't much of a sacrifice for them now. It's a possibility. The real question is how desperate they are for Victor Cruz... We have an offseason to find out. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    don't forget the Niners would have to give Cruz his money too... plus the 1st rounder
    And Reese would have to refuse to meet the offer.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    And Reese would have to refuse to meet the offer.
    yup

I see the Niners trading for Revis for a first rounder is more likely

Revis and Cruz would mean alot of cap space. I could see them getting one or the other.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TextureDj View Post
    while i would take the pick, were looking at the second to last pick in the first round. i think 9ers would see that as a pro for doing it, its not like its a sweet mid 1st round pick. might as well consider it an early shot at a second rounder that would be unlikely to fall to us.

i still dont know if they do it tho.
    Look at the big picture.. We would pick at #19, #31, then #49 ... that's 3 picks in the top 50

+ Reply to Thread