+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: I have the feeling the 49ers will make a run at Cruz

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    THAT WAS

and that's not everything either under Principal Terms, but no need to go deeper (unless someone brings up another situation). The CBA is quite readable with respect that it uses mostly plain English words instead of a barrage of vocabulary words. Of course you'll see the words like "pursuant" that are common in all legal documents.

Btw, I'm not a lawyer or stayed at a Holiday Inn. I just read the newspaper. lol
    Last edited by BigBlueAllDay; 02-28-2013 at 08:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post
    and that's not everything either under Principal Terms, but no need to go deeper (unless someone brings up another situation). The CBA is quite readable with respect that it uses mostly plain English words instead of a barrage of vocabulary words. Of course you'll see the words like "pursuant" that are common in all legal documents.

Btw, I'm not a lawyer or stayed at a Holiday Inn. I just read the newspaper. lol
    It's all of the references to other sections that make it confusing. But we'll see how this all shakes out pretty soon if the tender Cruz.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Veteran
    I saw this thread and nearly had a heart attack.

Cruz on the 49'ers would hurt so much as a NYG fan; here' a local player who we signed as a FA and developed into an excellent WR.

I see many people on this forum underestimating Cruz's value saying things like "he's just a slot receiver", "his production can be replaced", and "I would rather have another 1st rounder."

IMO he's a better receiver than Nicks; if it comes down to Nicks vs. Cruz I'm for the NYG resigning Cruz.

I heard something earlier today(on NFL Net or ESPN.com?) that the 49ers may make a run at Revis, since they have the picks to do so. A little while later, "sources" say that the 49ers will not pursue Revis(once again NFL net or ESPN).

I honestly don't know if the Giants will get a long term deal on Cruz done before this season, so maybe they put the tender on him next week. And I like Cruz, don't get me wrong. But if any team(Pats, Niners) decide they want to give up a 1st rd pick and offer Cruz something the Giants can match, then so be it. Its business, not personal.

And even though the Niners pick is 31, thats just fine---its close enough to a 2nd rd pick. And there is a lot of talent available this year outside of rd 1.
    One day, not today, not tomorrow, not this season, probably not next season either but one day, you and I are gonna wake up and suddenly we're gonna be like every other team in every other sport where winning is everything and nothing else matters. And when that day comes, well thats, thats when we'll honor them--Jack Lengyel Marshall University

Jeez the 49ers have it made , the already have a premier defense 15 Draft picks and cap space to get guys like Revis how is this even possible.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD21 View Post
    Jeez the 49ers have it made , the already have a premier defense 15 Draft picks and cap space to get guys like Revis how is this even possible.
    Most of their good players on still on rookie contracts. I think they're going to start feeling the pinch next offseason when a lot of those contracts start expiring.

Quote Originally Posted by WinterIsComing View Post
    Even though Cruz is restricted, Cruz is relatively young and would make an instant impact on the 49ers. The extra draft picks the 49ers acquired from the Chiefs make this a real possibility. It is right along Harbaugh's line of thinking too. Improve the 49ers offense and weaken one of their potential playoff rivals.
    If they want Cruz they better give us a couple 1st round draft picks.
    New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD21 View Post
    Oh they have 15? Thought it was 12.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    It's all of the references to other sections that make it confusing. But we'll see how this all shakes out pretty soon if the tender Cruz.
    How exactly does this work? If we dont tender, any team can take him with there 1st round pick? If we tender, what determines his value now? Also, cant he just be tagged, and locked up for one more year?

Quote Originally Posted by StrahanSoup92 View Post
    How exactly does this work? If we dont tender, any team can take him with there 1st round pick? If we tender, what determines his value now? Also, cant he just be tagged, and locked up for one more year?
    If he isn't tendered, another team can sign him if the Giants refuse to match their offer.

If Cruz is tendered, the above applies, except the team making the offer must also include a draft pick equivalent to the amount tendered. In Cruz's case, that's almost certain to ge a 1st rounder.

Retaining Cruz under a 1st round tender would lock him into a $2.8 million contract for the Giants' 2013 season.

Applying the franchise tag to Cruz isn't really an option as it would mean paying him the average of what the top 5 players at his position earn - this year, that'd be around $10 million.

+ Reply to Thread