+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 100
  1. #61
    Veteran Jahh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Virginia Beach
    Posts
    525
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Smith had a serious injury which impacted his future. You can't compare him to Cruz. And to say Cruz, or any player, can't play somewhere else and be effective is a little silly. Cruz would probably light things up in New England for example if he were to replace Welker. If Nicks were to leave in FA would he not be able to function somewhere else?
    Ok, I'll concede that to you. I think Cruz could play in New England, Green Bay, or Denver.

    I think Nicks could perform anywhere. He plays a different position in the offense and I don't think he benefits from system as much as Cruz.

  2. #62
    Veteran Jahh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Virginia Beach
    Posts
    525
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Smith had a serious injury which impacted his future. You can't compare him to Cruz. And to say Cruz, or any player, can't play somewhere else and be effective is a little silly. Cruz would probably light things up in New England for example if he were to replace Welker. If Nicks were to leave in FA would he not be able to function somewhere else?
    Keep in mind, I don't want to pretend to be an X's and O's buff because I am not but this is the feeling I get

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Smith had a serious injury which impacted his future. You can't compare him to Cruz. And to say Cruz, or any player, can't play somewhere else and be effective is a little silly. Cruz would probably light things up in New England for example if he were to replace Welker. If Nicks were to leave in FA would he not be able to function somewhere else?
    If no compensation was involved Id bet the Pats would of went after him instead of Welker

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    That remains to be seen. It isn't likely going to be an issue until 2014, if then
    It became evident at the end of the season that the Giants are moving him up the depth chart and want him on the field. To sit JJ on the sidelines for another year would be a waste of his talents and I think the Giants know that. They know what they have and drafted him loving his skill set.I am confident Jernigan will be given more looks way before 2014 or if then as you say. I guess I have a bit of a cheat sheet on the guy which is an unfair advantage. Two of my daughters went to Troy when JJ was there. Both know him. they are not close to him but know him. One of my daughters is good friends with one of JJ's best friends. On one of his recent visits back to Eufaula Alabama he shared his take on his situation with the Giants. He is confident he will get many more
    snaps next season whether Cruz stays or not. He is in there plans before 2014. You can count on it.

  5. #65
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    97,195
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    If no compensation was involved Id bet the Pats would of went after him instead of Welker
    They may still with their newly fat CAP
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  6. #66
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    97,195
    Quote Originally Posted by Shockeystays08 View Post
    It became evident at the end of the season that the Giants are moving him up the depth chart and want him on the field. To sit JJ on the sidelines for another year would be a waste of his talents and I think the Giants know that. They know what they have and drafted him loving his skill set.I am confident Jernigan will be given more looks way before 2014 or if then as you say. I guess I have a bit of a cheat sheet on the guy which is an unfair advantage. Two of my daughters went to Troy when JJ was there. Both know him. they are not close to him but know him. One of my daughters is good friends with one of JJ's best friends. On one of his recent visits back to Eufaula Alabama he shared his take on his situation with the Giants. He is confident he will get many more snaps next season whether Cruz stays or not. He is in there plans before 2014. You can count on it.
    That is what many said about Sinorice Moss and Barden
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    That is what many said about Sinorice Moss and Barden
    RF you are way to knowledgable to put Sinorice and Jernigan in the same thought process. JJ didn't come home complaining about lack of playing time and being buried on the depth chart. He came back explaining to his friends and family that the Giants organization have given him every reason to believe he will have a significantly bigger role in the game plan next year. He's not the type of person to blow hot air and talk bs. He is a stand up character kinda guy. If he was worried about not getting his opportunity that's what he would of shared but that's not the case. It maybe one of the reasons the Giants are being casual about signing Cruz to a long term deal.

  8. #68
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    97,195
    Quote Originally Posted by Shockeystays08 View Post
    RF you are way to knowledgable to put Sinorice and Jernigan in the same thought process. JJ didn't come home complaining about lack of playing time and being buried on the depth chart. He came back explaining to his friends and family that the Giants organization have given him every reason to believe he will have a significantly bigger role in the game plan next year. He's not the type of person to blow hot air and talk bs. He is a stand up character kinda guy. If he was worried about not getting his opportunity that's what he would of shared but that's not the case. It maybe one of the reasons the Giants are being casual about signing Cruz to a long term deal.
    We'll see how he plays and then decide
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Shockeystays08 View Post
    RF you are way to knowledgable to put Sinorice and Jernigan in the same thought process. JJ didn't come home complaining about lack of playing time and being buried on the depth chart. He came back explaining to his friends and family that the Giants organization have given him every reason to believe he will have a significantly bigger role in the game plan next year. He's not the type of person to blow hot air and talk bs. He is a stand up character kinda guy. If he was worried about not getting his opportunity that's what he would of shared but that's not the case. It maybe one of the reasons the Giants are being casual about signing Cruz to a long term deal.
    This is indeed what separates JJ from Moss and Barden... JJ is a team player through and through. Only thing about him that truly concerns me is his hands, but even then he's fumbled/muffed a lot less in 2012 than he did in 2011, so he's obviously working on that problem...

  10. #70
    Veteran TAILGATIN''s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    Posts
    1,300
    JJ has proven absolutely nothing to me and doubt we will be seeing that much more of him this year unless Cruz def walks. I'll also admit that the coaches haven't given him much of a chance to prove anything in the first place. He does not scream talent to me like Nicks and Cruz did before even starting. Randle also does this for me and I've got a lot leaning on him to do well this year.

    "Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts