+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Bench Player
    Pretty good asset management if you can flip an undrafted player into a first round pick. Would I like to see Cruz stay....... of course. but if the numbers don't make sense then you move on, that's what depth players are for. Cruz has to be careful where he ends up, is going to be used the same way as he was in NY. On the other hand are the Giants going to run the ball more next year and not rely on the passing game as much. That would lessen the blow of losing Cruz.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    This is indeed what separates JJ from Moss and Barden... JJ is a team player through and through. Only thing about him that truly concerns me is his hands, but even then he's fumbled/muffed a lot less in 2012 than he did in 2011, so he's obviously working on that problem...
    Toward the end of the season he had those two bobbles on punts and they replaced him with Hixon. I think that was just precautionary and we will probably see Jernigan back there again this season.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Toward the end of the season he had those two bobbles on punts and they replaced him with Hixon. I think that was just precautionary and we will probably see Jernigan back there again this season.
    I thought that was Randle with those bobbles? I could be wrong though...pretty sure it was Randle however..I remember that game.

Quote Originally Posted by StrahanSoup92 View Post
    How exactly does this work? If we dont tender, any team can take him with there 1st round pick? If we tender, what determines his value now? Also, cant he just be tagged, and locked up for one more year?
    The tender value of a first round pick in just under $3M. Next year, in Cruz's case, he could be franchise tagged which would be in excess of $10M.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by Alive741 View Post
    I thought that was Randle with those bobbles? I could be wrong though...pretty sure it was Randle however..I remember that game.
    If so, I am heading to time out!!

Quote Originally Posted by CRH54 View Post
    Pretty good asset management if you can flip an undrafted player into a first round pick. Would I like to see Cruz stay....... of course. but if the numbers don't make sense then you move on, that's what depth players are for. Cruz has to be careful where he ends up, is going to be used the same way as he was in NY. On the other hand are the Giants going to run the ball more next year and not rely on the passing game as much. That would lessen the blow of losing Cruz.
    Better asset management to find a way to keep Nicks and Cruz together with Eli

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    The tender value of a first round pick in just under $3M. Next year, in Cruz's case, he could be franchise tagged which would be in excess of $10M.
    Yeh thats insane, tender and see what happens then. I dont think anyone is giving up a 1st rounder for him anyway, but for other teams, like SF, the thought of taking Cruz from us has to be tempting.

49ers already have a good slot guy. His name is Michael Crabtree

I don't think anyone will make a run at Cruz, because I think he will be tendered. But easily replaceable I'm going to have to disagree with it. I would hat to lose Cruz even for a first round, mainly this year. In case the 49rs do get Cruz, and we do get their 1st round who would we get??? Maybe Kevin Minter or Te'o.. Seriously another 1st would imporve our team, but losing Cruz would be something that we couldn't overcome with a 1st round in this year's draft.

Greg Jennings, Dwayne Bowe, Mike Wallace, Danny Amendola... There are other guys teams can acquire without expending a first round pick to do so.