+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

If Cruz were to leave

Where is Steve Smith now? Don't get me wrong, I don't think for one second Cruz is going anyplace, but if it did happen, just thinking about possible replacements.

Jerrel Jernigan...the guy who was originally drafted to fill SS12's role in the slot.

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    Jerrel Jernigan...the guy who was originally drafted to fill SS12's role in the slot.
    this! a real possibility.

Torry Holt

SS's knee is shot. Don't think he'd be the same player he was.

Jernigan would play the position. The actual production slack would be picked up by Nicks, Randle, and Wilson...

The fact that the team was using Jernigan in 4WR singleback double flex formation a lot towards the end of the season tells me the team was trying him out to possible be our starting slot receiver next season in case we lose Cruz. New England and SF are two teams that could try to claim him off waivers... Cruz would spell a departed Welker quite effectively, and SF has a metric asston of picks to throw our way, while their best wideout is Manningham (who coincidentally as we all know worked with Cruz before)
    Last edited by Toadofsteel; 03-01-2013 at 01:39 AM.

Veteran
    Bengals have like $55 million cap space!

Quote Originally Posted by Itlan View Post
    Bengals have like $55 million cap space!
    They also have way more FA than we do...

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    They also have way more FA than we do...
    People keep saying CInci but they have a bunch of young WR talent . That cap space is misleading because by next season Geno Atkins, AJ Green , Carlos Dunlap and Andy Dalton will need new deals.
    SF is brought up but next season Aldon Smith, Kaepernick,Crabtree, Iupati are all eligible for new deals. If I was SF I would rent Revis to try to win a Super Bowl. Windows can slam quickly. Justin Smith is getting older lots of younger players will need big deals they will lose depth they should go for it.
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 03-01-2013 at 08:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    People keep saying CInci but they have a bunch of young WR talent . That cap space is misleading because by next season Geno Atkins, AJ Green , Carlos Dunlap and Andy Dalton will need new deals.
    Yet Cincy can't get over the hump and make a deep playoff run. AJ Green and (to a lesser extent) Gresham are their only real receiving threats. Adding Cruz would give them a chance to get some real production going.

SF is brought up but next season Aldon Smith, Kaepernick,Crabtree, Iupati are all eligible for new deals. If I was SF I would rent Revis to try to win a Super Bowl. Windows can slam quickly. Justin Smith is getting older lots of younger players will need big deals they will lose depth they should go for it.
    As I said before (can't remember if it was another thread or this one), the only real DEEP receiving threat on SF is Manningham (let's face it, Moss is beyond done, no matter what he thinks). Cruz has worked with Manningham before with us. Plus, if they keep Cruz, they could straight-up let Crabtree walk and roll with an offense that works the middle of the field with Cruz and Davis more than the outsides with Manningham and Williams.

Someone else mentioned Denver. Don't see that one happening as much because they have Demariyus Thomas and Eric Decker on hand.