+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: If Cruz were to leave

Cruz will be playing for the G'men, at least for 13 after that he may go fishing for his big deal!

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    They also have way more FA than we do...
    People keep saying CInci but they have a bunch of young WR talent . That cap space is misleading because by next season Geno Atkins, AJ Green , Carlos Dunlap and Andy Dalton will need new deals.
    SF is brought up but next season Aldon Smith, Kaepernick,Crabtree, Iupati are all eligible for new deals. If I was SF I would rent Revis to try to win a Super Bowl. Windows can slam quickly. Justin Smith is getting older lots of younger players will need big deals they will lose depth they should go for it.
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 03-01-2013 at 07:29 AM.

Cruz can't leave.

He's the only current Giant left that I have a jersey for.

All-Pro
    Why does everyone think he will not be playing here next year?

Quote Originally Posted by rebelfan1966 View Post
    Where is Steve Smith now? Don't get me wrong, I don't think for one second Cruz is going anyplace, but if it did happen, just thinking about possible replacements.
    Familiarize yourself with Jernigan and Steve Smith will not be part of your thought process. JJ has way more potential than Dteve Smith and he is already on our roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Why does everyone think he will not be playing here next year?
    Everyone doesn't
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Everyone doesn't
    Well not everyone but how many threads are about him leaving this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Well not everyone but how many threads are about him leaving this year?
    It's the same people, trust me. Thread after thread is not indicative of consensus.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

I know that JR never overpays for anyone. He will set a number and if he cant sign a player for that number or below then Adios. Eli maybe the only Exception cause you cant just go and replace a QB of that Talent level and not lose something. Other then that Cruz, Nicks, JPP are all expendable. I think he would try everything in his power to keep players like them because it will make life a lot easier and Aid in winner another Title Sooner rather then Later. So with that I am going to agree that Cruz will be here 2013 and beyond. I am hoping they can work something out behind closed doors to keep him here for a long long time. same goes for Niciks
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    It's the same people, trust me. Thread after thread is not indicative of consensus.
    I tend to agree with you, but if he gets tendered, it's really not that crazy to think a team with a pick towards the end of the first round would make an offer that JR doesn't want to match. My guess would be San Fran or Denver. It's not probable, but very possible.

+ Reply to Thread