+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by B-Red22 View Post
    U like him slip?
    I think he's a difference maker, and would fit perfectly into the giants system.

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    There was a noticeable gaping hole left by MM. we never really did replace his production at that third spot and they used combos of RR, Hixon and others. I think with the right amount of playing time and more time practicing with the First team RR could be that guy to make us forget MM
    Bigger issue than losing MM was Nicks being hurt all year.

Year giants won the SB MM was a 500 yard 4 TD guy. They did replace that. Randle had 300 yards and 3 TDs. Hixon had 600 yards and 2 TDs
    Last edited by slipknottin; 03-01-2013 at 11:50 AM.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    I think he's a difference maker, and would fit perfectly into the giants system.

Bigger issue than losing MM was Nicks being hurt all year.
    True. with Nicks either out of playing at what seemed like 50 percent at times they didn't have to devote so much time to covering him when they realized he wasn't the same WR that was torching them and more of a decoy. once they realized that they were able to focus on blanketing the other WRs thus making it tougher on a rookie to shine. I think you are correct. Had Nicks been his normal self RR could of had a breakout year with Nicks drawing the double teams
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    its shows that guys in this ERA of the NFL are 80/90 percent Hired Help. Not many of them have any allegiance to the team they play for. Its all about the almighty DOLLAR. Who ever will give them more is where they will go. In the NFL I grew up in most of the guys back then would not think of playing for a RIVAL Team. IT was more like HS and College in the sense that guys were drafted and for the most part stayed with their respective teams for their whole careers. You have the Rare instances where Hall of Famers finished out in another City thinking they had something left like Montana in KC and others. (YA Title) ... But guys naturally Hated their rival teams to the ROOT.. a lot of them wouldn't jump over the enemy for any dollar amount. Today unless in the rare case that a player happens to be playing for his Childhood favorite team chances are he will jump ship for the slights pay increase.
    That's because back in the day there was no free agency. It only came about in the very late 80s/early 90s. Rest assured if the players that you grew up watching had the opportunity to have teams bidding for their services, they would take full advantage of it. It has been about the "almighty dollar" ever since free agency has been around.

All-Pro
    that's prob very true. but you just got the sense from watching them and hearing them talk about other teams that they just absolutely hated them with a passion. Id like to think you are wrong but you are prob on the money
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Bench Player
    If Cruz were to leave guess what would happen? He would leave......

I would be depressed. He's my favorite player, I have his jerseys, the white superbowl one, and a blue home one. They can't afford to lose him! He's an awesome WR, and one of the best players for the Giants!

Sorry for the vent, I just want him to stick around!

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk
    The buzz in league circles is that WR Greg Jennings is looking for as much as $12M per year http://wp.me/p14QSB-7sIa

Wow I don't think he gets that but if he does it would create big problems for the Giants effort to resign Cuz.

Quote Originally Posted by rebelfan1966 View Post
    Where is Steve Smith now? Don't get me wrong, I don't think for one second Cruz is going anyplace, but if it did happen, just thinking about possible replacements.
    Steve Smith? I'll take him. He's been impressive in Carolina. Bit of an attitude problem.

Oh wait, you mean the other Steve Smith? Thought he died.
    Sportswrath.com for football talk and giants talk

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    The answer is simple.

If Cruz were to get an offer from some other team and the giants don't match, the giants get a first round pick, then they draft Tavon Austin with it.
    Austin & Wilson on the field at the same time would be a problem for opposing defenses. With Nicks and Randle (assuming he takes that next step) on the outside.

Tavon Austin would be a perfect replacement for Cruz if they aren't high on JJ already. Otherwise, they could look at Tank Carradine with that late 1st rounder.
    3/25/14 - Updated Mock with 5th round comp pick

1. Anthony Barr, Defensive End, UCLA
    2. Marcus Martin, Center Guard, USC
    3. Anthony Johnson, Defensive Nostril Tackle, LSU
    4. Marcel Jensen, Offensive End, Fresno State
    5. Wesley Johnson, Offensive Any Guard, Vanderbilt
    5. Aaron Colvin, Defensive Halfback, Oklahoma
    6. Storm Johnson, Guy Who Runs With Football, UCF