+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 102
  1. #61
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    100,719
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzie0075 View Post
    Today is was reported that Greg Jennings wants 12mil per year. So hopefully Cruz knows there is no way the Giants will come near that.
    I know I'm a broken record, but it's all negotiating strategy on both sides.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1








    # 80

  2. #62
    All-Pro titwio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Bronx NYC
    Posts
    9,434
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Truly, we don't know what he's asking for. We know from John Mara that it was "too much" but we don't know what that is or was.
    Just putting 2&2 together. Yeah we don't know the exact price but I know what any agent in Cruz's position would be asking for. He's looking for top money for his client based on the previous two years of Cruz's production. Also the fact that Mara said what you mentioned further confirms it because he already expressed Cruz as a priority.

  3. #63
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    100,719
    Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    Just putting 2&2 together. Yeah we don't know the exact price but I know what any agent in Cruz's position would be asking for. He's looking for top money for his client based on the previous two years of Cruz's production. Also the fact that Mara said what you mentioned further confirms it because he already expressed Cruz as a priority.
    Suppose to John Mara $7M was too much because of the CAP being so tight (when he made the comment)?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1








    # 80

  4. #64
    All-Pro titwio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Bronx NYC
    Posts
    9,434
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Suppose to John Mara $7M was too much because of the CAP being so tight (when he made the comment)?
    I think Cruz's agent would be asking for more than that. I could be wrong but I really doubt it.

  5. #65
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    100,719
    Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    I think Cruz's agent would be asking for more than that. I could be wrong but I really doubt it.
    We just don't know is my point. I would ask for the moon and take something reasonable
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1








    # 80

  6. #66
    Just my 2 cents!!! I feel that the production of Cruz will be very hard to duplicate, if the Giants try to duplicate it with 2 or 3 different players consictency will be affected. Im sure you all know that Eli needs a go to guy, that go to guy over the last 2 years has been Cruz. Eli trusted Cruz especially on 3rd down.

    Yae I know Cruz had some problems (A Few) with hearing footsteps last season. With Hakeem Nicks injury problems since becoming a Giant, Cruz can and has proven that he can be that guy. What other Wide Out can you say is talented enough to do that on this team at this time?? If we draft one, we all know that because of the difficulty and intricasies of Gilbrides Offense , we'd be lucky to have one surpass the learning curve to be ready by say mid season. Cruz at this point in time is irreplaceable as far as this offense is concerned. I know that that statement is pretty bold, but past history has proven that our Offense takes a very long time to comprehend.

    Peace
    Dan
    Last edited by danme; 03-01-2013 at 11:04 PM.

  7. #67
    All-Pro B&RWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    7,922
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelfan1966 View Post
    Where is Steve Smith now? Don't get me wrong, I don't think for one second Cruz is going anyplace, but if it did happen, just thinking about possible replacements.
    I think we would modify our offense and have more outside targets to Randle and the TE, and our slot receiver would be a 3rd/4th option. I like the idea of Nicks and Randle both on the outside putting pressure on the opposing teams secondary. I think Randle will step up this year.

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by danme View Post
    Just my 2 cents!!! I feel that the production of Cruz will be very hard to duplicate, if the Giants try to duplicate it with 2 or 3 different players consictency will be affected. Im sure you all know that Eli needs a go to guy, that go to guy over the last 2 years has been Cruz. Eli trusted Cruz especially on 3rd down.

    Yae I know Cruz had some problems (A Few) with hearing footsteps last season. With Hakeem Nicks injury problems since becoming a Giant, Cruz can and has proven that he can be that guy. What other Wide Out can you say is talented enough to do that on this team at this time?? If we draft one, we all know that because of the difficulty and intricasies of Gilbrides Offense , we'd be lucky to have one surpass the learning curve to be ready by say mid season. Cruz at this point in time is irreplaceable as far as this offense is concerned. I know that that statement is pretty bold, but past history has proven that our Offense takes a very long time to comprehend.

    Peace
    Dan
    I really don't think Cruz has proven he can be "that guy." When Nicks was hurt and playing, Cruz's number were horrible. Not just down, they were horrible! The whole league watched as Victor proved he wasn't a legit #1 receiver. If Victor leaves you've got a starting pair of Nicks and Randle, I think a lot of teams would be happy to take that. Then you've got to find a slot receiver, a role Hixon or Jerrnigan could fill, or pehaps a FA or draftee. I love Victor in his current role; but if his agent is looking over $6-7 Mil/ per year, he's way out of line. I'd be surprised if the Giants go much more than $5.5mil for him.

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by NorwoodBlue View Post
    I really don't think Cruz has proven he can be "that guy." When Nicks was hurt and playing, Cruz's number were horrible. Not just down, they were horrible! The whole league watched as Victor proved he wasn't a legit #1 receiver. If Victor leaves you've got a starting pair of Nicks and Randle, I think a lot of teams would be happy to take that. Then you've got to find a slot receiver, a role Hixon or Jerrnigan could fill, or pehaps a FA or draftee. I love Victor in his current role; but if his agent is looking over $6-7 Mil/ per year, he's way out of line. I'd be surprised if the Giants go much more than $5.5mil for him.
    Apparently you dont understand the intracasies of how defenses work in the NFL. (This is in no way a put down to you so dont take it the wrong way)

    When you have 2 Wide Outs that can arguably be #1 recievers in this league someone will be open 85% of the time. Yes Cruz;s numbers were down and here is why.

    WIthout Nicks on the field and when he was on the field he couldn't run flat out and his cuts were lame as all hell, so the Defenses that the Giants played, shifted their coverage to Victor Cruz. He was DOUBLED On every play and alot of the time the other safety was underneath. (Cruz beat the coverage more times than not) The reason being for that is because RANDLE didnt scare anyone. So defenses Singled up on Randle and put their BEST CORNER on Cruz With a Safety Doubleing him up, and more times that not the other Safety was playing underneath. There it is plain and Simple as to why Cruz's numbers were down. Trust me no one fears any of our Backup Recieversin this league

    Cruz and Nicks on the field at the same time (when Nicks is healthy) scares Defense's. Those 2 recievers are arguably the best Wide Reciever tandem in the league. Although BOTH NICKS AND CRUZ's numbers were down this season (Mostly because Nicks was hurt) but if your going to look at numbers you have to look at the WHOLE PICTURE and why the numbers were down.

    Numbers/Stats NEVER NEVER tell the whole story or address the BIG PICTURE.


    Peace
    Dan
    Last edited by danme; 03-03-2013 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Spelling and Additional Information

  10. #70
    All-Pro jomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    20,005
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelfan1966 View Post
    Where is Steve Smith now? Don't get me wrong, I don't think for one second Cruz is going anyplace, but if it did happen, just thinking about possible replacements.
    Smith is not the answer and you are right, Cruz is not going anywhere.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts