+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: If Cruz were to leave

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Smith is not the answer and you are right, Cruz is not going anywhere.
    i think they will tender him. I doubt anyone would be willing to pay the 8-10m a year it would take to sign him plus a first round draft pick. But will see
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Quote Originally Posted by fizzlesticks View Post
    Cruz can't leave.

He's the only current Giant left that I have a jersey for.
    I am with ya on this one!!!! I am tired of buying jerseys only to have to retire them after 2-3 years for one reason or another!!! We need to sign him for this reason only. Ok, ok, One other reason........He kicks ***.
    "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

Quote Originally Posted by danme View Post
    Apparently you dont understand the intracasies of how defenses work in the NFL. (This is in no way a put down to you so dont take it the wrong way)

When you have 2 Wide Outs that can arguably be #1 recievers in this league someone will be open 85% of the time. Yes Cruz;s numbers were down and here is why.

WIthout Nicks on the field and when he was on the field he couldn't run flat out and his cuts were lame as all hell, so the Defenses that the Giants played, shifted their coverage to Victor Cruz. He was DOUBLED On every play and alot of the time the other safety was underneath. (Cruz beat the coverage more times than not) The reason being for that is because RANDLE didnt scare anyone. So defenses Singled up on Randle and put their BEST CORNER on Cruz With a Safety Doubleing him up, and more times that not the other Safety was playing underneath. There it is plain and Simple as to why Cruz's numbers were down. Trust me no one fears any of our Backup Recieversin this league

Cruz and Nicks on the field at the same time (when Nicks is healthy) scares Defense's. Those 2 recievers are arguably the best Wide Reciever tandem in the league. Although BOTH NICKS AND CRUZ's numbers were down this season (Mostly because Nicks was hurt) but if your going to look at numbers you have to look at the WHOLE PICTURE and why the numbers were down.

Numbers/Stats NEVER NEVER tell the whole story or address the BIG PICTURE.

Peace
    Dan
    Nicks, when healthy, can consistently win routes when covered up, either singled or doubled. And he can do it on the outside where the route options are much more limited. Cruz' numbers dipped because he couldn't routinely beat those coverages. And honestly, if you can't win routes when you're covered up, you're not worth top receiver money.

Quote Originally Posted by danielboone View Post
    I think people are really underestimating Victor Cruz. This is no one-game lucky to be here player. This is the guy who has led the team in receiving two years straight even setting a team all-time record one of those years. This is the guy who played ahead of all those guys you think will easily replace him. In other words he beat them out in practice and in game performance. And people are willing to trade him so easily for an unknown late first round pick? The percentage for first rounders turning into first rate players is much smaller than people here realize.
    +1000 !!! Its about time that someone actually states this. Cruz is NOT a one man NFL show, but with proper placing of personnel around him, I truly believe he is a game changer for us. We cannot afford to lose him at this point. And thats the bottom line.

Quote Originally Posted by danielboone View Post
    I think people are really underestimating Victor Cruz. This is no one-game lucky to be here player. This is the guy who has led the team in receiving two years straight even setting a team all-time record one of those years. This is the guy who played ahead of all those guys you think will easily replace him. In other words he beat them out in practice and in game performance. And people are willing to trade him so easily for an unknown late first round pick? The percentage for first rounders turning into first rate players is much smaller than people here realize.
    No sane person is saying that Cruz isn't a great receiver. However, he isn't the best receiver on the team. He may be the most dynamic, but that doesn't mean he's the best. I'd be reticent to give him much more than the $5m-$8m range.

Quote Originally Posted by NorwoodBlue View Post
    I really don't think Cruz has proven he can be "that guy." When Nicks was hurt and playing, Cruz's number were horrible. Not just down, they were horrible! The whole league watched as Victor proved he wasn't a legit #1 receiver. If Victor leaves you've got a starting pair of Nicks and Randle, I think a lot of teams would be happy to take that. Then you've got to find a slot receiver, a role Hixon or Jerrnigan could fill, or pehaps a FA or draftee. I love Victor in his current role; but if his agent is looking over $6-7 Mil/ per year, he's way out of line. I'd be surprised if the Giants go much more than $5.5mil for him.
    The only reason Cruz's numbers dropped was due to Nicks being injured. If we lose Cruz and Nicks gets Healthy.....I bet my bottom dollar that Nicks' numbers wont be close to what he has done previously. Remember the phrase...."It Takes Two to make things go Right" Same deal here. without one , you cannot have the other. These 2 guys compliment each other very well.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Steve Smith is no longer Steve Smith. Cruz is playing here in 2013.
    How would you know that, since you are not in any way shape or form part of Giants management, you have no clue in regards to Cruz if he will be here or not. He is asking for boat loads of $, something the Giants do not pay anyone but their franchise QB, the guy is looking for close the Larry Fitzgerald money, and he is NO L.F.

I can't even picture Cruz on another team, the thought makes me sick.. Cut Diehl, Webster, Tuck, Rolle.. who ever

lock em up Jerry..!!
    (1)Aaron Donald, DT Pittsburgh - (2)Jordan Matthews, WR Vanderbilt - (3)Jack Mewhort, OL Ohio State
    (4)Arthur Lynch, TE Georgia - (5)Bryan Stork, C Florida State - (5)Tyler Gaffney, RB Stanford
    (6)Prince Shembo, OLB Notre Dame

Quote Originally Posted by FIFTY6G-MAN View Post
    The only reason Cruz's numbers dropped was due to Nicks being injured. If we lose Cruz and Nicks gets Healthy.....I bet my bottom dollar that Nicks' numbers wont be close to what he has done previously. Remember the phrase...."It Takes Two to make things go Right" Same deal here. without one , you cannot have the other. These 2 guys compliment each other very well.
    Except that Nicks' numbers don't change whether Cruz is playing or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Nicks, when healthy, can consistently win routes when covered up, either singled or doubled. And he can do it on the outside where the route options are much more limited. Cruz' numbers dipped because he couldn't routinely beat those coverages. And honestly, if you can't win routes when you're covered up, you're not worth top receiver money.
    OMG -- Dude you are so far out in Left Field its pathetic (no offense) Apparently Im not the only one saying IT WAS NICKS'S INJURY -- I just happened to be the first one to say it --- And NO NICKS cant consistently beat Double Coverage with another saftey underneath -- But CRUZ did it alot last season.

I dont know which game/s your watching but it surely wasn't the Giants Games. You sure you weren't Watching TOM CRUISE play Flag Football??

Peace
    Dan

+ Reply to Thread