+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: PFF: Performance Based Value: New York Giants

Veteran
    i think any plan that relies on T2 is foolish..

Playing with heart is one thing, playing with intelligence is another. If you really look at some of websters issues is because rolle was supposed to be over the top at times and he was no where to be found. Either way both is over valued. I would have gotten rid of them before Bradshaw and canty.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    My question is did they grade Rolle as a safety when he was playing nickle corner? Everyone knows that Rolle isn't a great corner, which is why AZ switched him to safety to begin with.
    It doesn't matter. He's bad in coverage at both positions. He was drafted as a CB, but moved to Safety not because of old age, but lack of good coverage skills. We overpaid for him as a Safety, and he had a poor first season (at Safety). We then moved him to Nickle CB because of injuries and realized why he was moved to Safety to begin with. Then this past season we were reminded of how bad he is (at Safety) again. He has a knack for getting lost in coverage which makes it appear as if he has poor instincts and/or lack of fundamental techniques.

The worst part is that he is seen as a vocal leader of our defense. A leader shouldn't be liability on the field.

Rolle has been JR's worst FA signing.

Rolle isn't getting cut this year simply because we don't get much cap relief from cutting him due to the restructures he did. He's been an OK player, but he's also played in multiple roles which has value in itself. After next season will likely be when he gets released, cutting him now only saves about 1mil in cap space with like 8mil in dead space, cutting him next season saves like 8mil in cap space.
    All Hail The New York Giants!!

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlue@NYC View Post
    Rolle isn't getting cut this year simply because we don't get much cap relief from cutting him
    Would save 5 mil this year if they released him.

Quote Originally Posted by rEaS View Post
    i think any plan that relies on T2 is foolish..
    Thank you!! The guy can't stay on the field any more, and peolpe are acting like he'll play the same as before he got hurt. I'd be willing to bet he doesn't make it out of the preseason again.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BeatYale View Post
    Rolle has been JR's worst FA signing.
    I'll take that with a grain of salt though.. when we drafted him, cc brown was our starting safety.. in other words we needed to get a new safety no matter what.. hindsight is 20/20 and rolle hasn't been the player we are paying for but hasn't been bad either.. and he did fill a hole when our safety situation was abismal..

+ Reply to Thread