+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Rolle wasn't often put in a position to ball hawk the way Brown was.
    I understand that, but even when he does play in coverage.. he's never been that good.. and that goes back to when he first signed with the Giants

Quote Originally Posted by drewz View Post
    I understand that, but even when he does play in coverage.. he's never been that good.. and that goes back to when he first signed with the Giants
    I think they play so much Cover 3 because they are afraid of playing him in the deep half

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    So he graded well where?
    I'll say this slowly so you might understand. I never said he graded well anywhere. I asked about the criteria by which he was graded. I understand that you're not the brightest, so you may not understand that distinction. No do me a favor and piss off.

All-Pro
    That's the point. People make excuses for him all the time. Where has he played well? Don't think he is the worst, just highly paid for lack of production.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    I'll say this slowly so you might understand. I never said he graded well anywhere. I asked about the criteria by which he was graded. I understand that you're not the brightest, so you may not understand that distinction. No do me a favor and piss off.
    What difference does it make? Has he played well at either position? If you say no than what difference does the criteria make? Playing bad is playing bad.

What difference does it make? Has he played well at either position? If you say no than what difference does the criteria make? Playing bad is playing bad.
    Whatever.

Veteran
    That's the point. People make excuses for him all the time. Where has he played well? Don't think he is the worst, just highly paid for lack of production.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    Although that could be part of the reason He was so successful. Defenses thinking RG was going to run it and they pitch it to Morris who was getting huge gains
    I agree, that helped him churn yards up the middle...

That's why RG3 started raising his hands when he they would call a play action. He was getting leveled w/o having the ball, before the D knew it Morris was 5 or 6 yards up field....

At least Stevie Brown was able to make plays on the ball, something Rolle doesn't offer at all.
    It's funny how Antrel Rolle likes to call himself a ball hawk...

ummm i dont see it

Veteran
    Rochester, NY Yes Bills contry what can I do its where I live
    If Rolle was released, I think it would give the Giants enough cash to offer KP a fair and acceptable raise. I think the sticking point will be the Giants wanting KP to be on the field to earn it. An incentive package based on playing time is likely the best way to go, but it sounds like Phillips doesn't want that on him. If that type of deal gets done with Phillips, I see Rolle leaving. We have decent depth at safety to KP a shot to stay on the field. Now if we had one more reliable CB, Webster could be a cap casualty too.