+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by giantscolombia View Post
    It's funny how Antrel Rolle likes to call himself a ball hawk...

ummm i dont see it
    your point

ummm I don't see it

No way Webster or Rolle is worth that kind of money. Reese got some thinking to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Stevie Brown had a lot of picks, but he wasn't the best in coverage, either. Several of his mistakes added to Webster's bad year, where Webster would release a receiver to Brown's deep zone only to have Brown not be there. I would definitely make Brown play on a tender this year to prove he wasn't a one year wonder. I would in no uncertain terms attempt to give him a big contract this year.
    Happy other people realize that Brown wasn't the be all end all at safety. Would t be comfortable with just Brown, Hill and Sash to start the season.

CLEAN THE HOUSE!! Release all the overvalued!! It's true though the overvalued players are very clear to be overvalued...

Veteran
    I think will hill could be a stuf giving a chance.. I really, really do.

Quote Originally Posted by drewz View Post
    https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...w-york-giants/

ya'll see why so many people here want Antrel Rolle gone. He's atrocious in the pass game, and while decent in the run game.. it isn't enough to justify his ridiculously high salary. That money could be used to pay Kenny Phillips and Stevie Brown. Corey Webster, well we've all beaten that dead horse already.
    this defense would have been that much worse without rolle, are you kidding me? yeah he cant cover,,we know that and the giants know that. unfortunately there is nobody on this team that can play the hybrid LB spot the 3 safety set requires like he does or they would be. rolle restructured his deal that is why his cap hit is so high,,to say he is atrocious is flat out uninformed,,you check his numbers and tell me they were atrocious. as far as KP is concerned, are you kidding me again? yeah let's throw money at a guy with chronic knee problems who may or may not play 10 games the entire season. Stevie? are you kidding me yet again? how about if we see if he does it again this season because as of now he is no more than a one hit wonder. I think the FO has a much better grasp of the situation then anybody in here so thank god it is them running the team and not one of this forums arm chair GM's.

The problem I have with Rolle is the same problem I have with several veterans, Tom Coughlin. The guy sits on under performing veterans and won't replace them in the line-up. To me, the best pair of safeties we've got is Phillips and Hill. But you'll never see HIll get a fair chance to displace Rolle, it isn't going to happen. In the three safety scheme Phillips, Hill and Brown would be pretty good I think. Hill will need to further work on his pass defense; but 72% completion rate? I think Hill is already better than that, and will get even better with playing time.

Quote Originally Posted by NorwoodBlue View Post
    The problem I have with Rolle is the same problem I have with several veterans, Tom Coughlin. The guy sits on under performing veterans and won't replace them in the line-up. To me, the best pair of safeties we've got is Phillips and Hill. But you'll never see HIll get a fair chance to displace Rolle, it isn't going to happen. In the three safety scheme Phillips, Hill and Brown would be pretty good I think. Hill will need to further work on his pass defense; but 72% completion rate? I think Hill is already better than that, and will get even better with playing time.
    Hill isnt better than Brown.

I have a feeling their plan is to test T2 out at safety this year and if it works Rolle will be easier to get rid of. T2 can be exactly what Rolle has been but at a fraction of the cost, as long as his knees hold up. Can't get rid of Rolle right now though with so many questions.

But I agree, the defense was noticeably better with KP in there so signing him is a must. I would tag him as our #1 DB next to Prince.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Hill isnt better than Brown.
    I think time will tell. Brown had a lot of balls end up in his hands this year. If that doesn't happen again, I think people will look at his play in a little different light. I remember at least a couple of those interceptions were just horribly over thrown balls. My personal feeling is that WIll Hill's athleticism will win out in the end. Remember Hill was heading towards being a first round pick before his immaturity got him all screwed up. If he has his head screwed on straight, he's going to be a top notch safety.