+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Jerrel Jernigan

no one said we would go into a season with 4 WR's.. it is highly unlikely in the event that Cruz and Hixon are gone, that we will bring in 3 NEW receivers in one season. That is a lot to ask of players that don't know our complex system

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    We are going to have Nicks, Randle, Jernigan, Cruz (probably), and Hixon (hopefully) drafting one in a late round? picking up a short term FA?
    Whatever it takes, we will have 6--and maybe even 7--WRs by the first week of Sept.

I'm sure it's true, as you say, that Jernigan will hang on for the duration of his contract. But as my daddy used to say, just because it's true doesn't mean it's right.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen46 View Post
    Whatever it takes, we will have 6--and maybe even 7--WRs by the first week of Sept. I'm sure it's true, as you say, that Jernigan will hang on for the duration of his contract. But as my daddy used to say, just because it's true doesn't mean it's right.
    Your Daddy was a wise man. No process is perfect but Reese does a pretty good job overall.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by DownWitJPP View Post
    no one said we would go into a season with 4 WR's.. it is highly unlikely in the event that Cruz and Hixon are gone, that we will bring in 3 NEW receivers in one season. That is a lot to ask of players that don't know our complex system
    While it's actually highly unlikely we will lose either Hixon or Cruz (at least for 2013), not to mention unlikely we lose both, and while it's very likely we will not extend Barden this year, if we were to lose Cruz and Hixon, we'll be royally******---with or without Jernigan.

Another strong argument on behalf of Jernigan--we need to keep him because we don't want 3 (or even 4) receivers new to the system this year.

Face it, the only reasonably accurate position that Jernigan will last through his 4 year rookie contract is the one stated repeatedly in this thread by Roanoke: that the Giants are very reluctant to cut a 3rd rd pick before his contract expires.

Not because he earns it. Not because he deserves it.

Jesus. Given all the threads on this board the last few weeks concerning the possibility of losing Cruz to FA and how many here seem to be rather blase about the possibility because--you know--Eli will be able to easily make a new recruit perform well enough to compensate for his loss, it's astounding to me how many are unwilling to lose Jernigan.
    Last edited by gmen46; 03-02-2013 at 05:19 PM. Reason: obscene word failed to be filtered---oops

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Your Daddy was a wise man. No process is perfect but Reese does a pretty good job overall.
    You get an "AMEN" to that, brother. I trust in Reese's Pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by DownWitJPP View Post
    ok I just watched that full 16 minute video..alot of those games were pre-season. As for the muffed punts I think he has the same prob as Cruz, he tries to turn up field to make a play before he has the ball in his hands. On the whole he is always going foward and gaining yards besides for the few muffed punts. For the people saying he drops everything watch the WHOLE video totally not true.

1 drop Pats
    awesome back of endzone 2 point conversion against Pats where he takes the ball away from over top of the corner
    catch against Pats
    2 Muffed punts against Jets
    drop against niners
    drop against Jags ( corner Middleton was holding his right arm down u can see it in vid)
    2 nice Catches against Jets with YAC (pre-season)
    2 nice catches against Cleveland and Washington
    nice return in SuperBowl
    drop against Saints returned for pick 6 (bad throw by Eli, ball was thrown behind him)
    muffed punt Saints
    60 yard kick return vs. Saints
    Falcons game - 1 target (bad throw by Eli ball was batted down by corner)
    catch against Baltimore for 1st down
    15 yard gain against Philly on an end around

the kid needs some work on bringing the ball in on punt returns, but the talent is there. He catches most of the balls thrown to him in this video. The ones he dropped were bad passes, watch the vid
    Wow. What are you--Jernigan's agent?

44 games, regular season, post season and pre season combined, and his complete body of work is here in a 16 minute video. Sad.

BTW, in your recap you omitted a 4th muffed punt, plus a fumble after catching-and-running a punt (or kick). It just keeps getting better.

can you explain to me how he gets on the field with a very good Cruz in front of him please? like I mentioned earlier he is a slot receiver not a outside receiver like Hakeem or Randle or even Hixon..although Hixon can be moved inside also to play the slot. All receivers are not interchangeable..we will NOT play Jernigan on the outside inless we are 3 or 4 receivers down. The only time he gets on the field is if Cruz comes out of the game or if we go to a 4 wide set, and we all know how often that is. I agree that if we need 3 or 4 new receivers in one season that we are screwed..but that is highly unlikely

and if u think I'm his agent thanks for the backhanded compliment
    Last edited by DownWitJPP; 03-02-2013 at 05:37 PM.

Still too early to cut Jernigan, he may never turn into anything, which is not uncommon for a 3rd roung pick receiver, but he hasn't exactly had alot of oppurtunities either. Not all players come out of the gates blazing their first few seasons, especially ones playing in a position that is as deep in talent as we are at WR.
    All Hail The New York Giants!!

He was drafted because we know he is incredibly talented. As soon as we can exploit that talent within the workings of our system (incredibly complex), he could be a playmaker for us.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    He was drafted because we know he is incredibly talented. As soon as we can exploit that talent within the workings of our system (incredibly complex), he could be a playmaker for us.
    +1