+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Jerrel Jernigan

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    He actually had a really nice return against NO. Though who didn't that game. I think he may be the main returner next year.
    Agreed. With Wilson's increased workload he will be too valuable to be the returner. Jernigan is very shifty.

Quote Originally Posted by ibbill View Post
    Is this kid another Sinorice Moss?
    Too early to tell, but let's assume he will take advantage of his opportunities
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

dont like him at all
    FUTURE NFL STAR

through 9 games

22 rushes for 245yards 3td
    35 pancake blocks
    42 tackles 3 sacks (3 td saving tackles including final tackle as time expired to clinch win, hit of the game 9/14 )
    8-0-1 record///// invited to play in tiny mite bowl and beat the team we tied in regular season

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    I give all the guys in the 2011 draft class an extra year because they missed almost all training camp their rookie year. Last season was their first real season.

Plus JJ wasent really a receiver in college. He has to learn how to properly run routes and read defenses. It's a lot to ask of him to be sure. But I give him time
    And if he wasn't really a receiver in college (I don't disagree with you), then why was he picked in the 3rd round? That's an awfully high pick for a "project".

I submit he was picked that high because he was an outstanding returner in college and exhibited high potential to convert his speed, quickness and athleticism into a good #2 or 3 receiver. At the time we were in desperate need of a consistent returner who could give us good field advantage more often than not, as well as a third receiver (the draft was before we knew we were losing Smith).
    After 2 full seasons (pre season or not his first year), he has shown little-to-nothing in either role. After 2 full seasons, Jernigan is exactly like Sinorace was at this time in his career with the Giants.

Do we really need to take up roster room with him another 2 more years before moving on?

I think not.

NEXT!

Quote Originally Posted by gmen46 View Post
    And if he wasn't really a receiver in college (I don't disagree with you), then why was he picked in the 3rd round? That's an awfully high pick for a "project".

I submit he was picked that high because he was an outstanding returner in college and exhibited high potential to convert his speed, quickness and athleticism into a good #2 or 3 receiver. At the time we were in desperate need of a consistent returner who could give us good field advantage more often than not, as well as a third receiver (the draft was before we knew we were losing Smith).
    After 2 full seasons (pre season or not his first year), he has shown little-to-nothing in either role. After 2 full seasons, Jernigan is exactly like Sinorace was at this time in his career with the Giants.

Do we really need to take up roster room with him another 2 more years before moving on?

I think not.

NEXT!
    agreed
    FUTURE NFL STAR

through 9 games

22 rushes for 245yards 3td
    35 pancake blocks
    42 tackles 3 sacks (3 td saving tackles including final tackle as time expired to clinch win, hit of the game 9/14 )
    8-0-1 record///// invited to play in tiny mite bowl and beat the team we tied in regular season

I think not.

NEXT!
    Reese has said he will take talent and find a place for it rather than fill a need if there is enough talent.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

I think not.

NEXT!
    He actually didn't return punts until his senior year.

He was a kick returner/receiver/running back for most of his career

And he's had 10 kick returns for 250 yards in the nfl, which is pretty good. That's top 10 in the league.

He hasent even got a chance to return a punt yet, every one he had had was a fair catch.

And as for getting rid of him, you don't "move on" from a second year 3rd round pick. He's essentially free to keep and has upside

As for his production his first two years... Amani Toomer had a total of 635 yards in his first three years combined. And he was nearly a first round pick
    Last edited by slipknottin; 03-01-2013 at 12:53 PM.

Way to early to move on. He may be the Giants future in the slot if they are unable to resign Cruz.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan12 View Post
    agreed
    I have said this before...thank god fans do not make personnel decisions
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

He will most likely finish out his rookie contract no matter what

# 80