+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Salary cap 2014.

Ralph Vacchiano ‏@RVacchianoNYDN
    Giants need cap room, but restructuring contracts won't be easy. Their cap situation for 2014 isn't great. Look ... http://sulia.com/c/new-york-giants/f...source=twitter
    Hide summary Reply Retweet Favorite More

Glass half empty or half full ?
    Obviously whatever moves the FO makes in 2013 restructuring deals affects next years cap. They can make more tough choices now and start getting strong cap wise or keep getting handicap dragging along cap hits.
    Thoughts ?

Quote Originally Posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
    Ralph Vacchiano ‏@RVacchianoNYDN
    Giants need cap room, but restructuring contracts won't be easy. Their cap situation for 2014 isn't great. Look ... http://sulia.com/c/new-york-giants/f...source=twitter
    Hide summary Reply Retweet Favorite More

Glass half empty or half full ?
    Obviously whatever moves the FO makes in 2013 restructuring deals affects next years cap. They can make more tough choices now and start getting strong cap wise or keep getting handicap dragging along cap hits.
    Thoughts ?
    not to sound like a ****** but lets worry about this years cap problems and this years team
    FUTURE NFL STAR

2014 season
    23 rushes for 255yards 3td
    39 pancake blocks
    50 tackles 3 sacks (3 td saving tackles including final tackle as time expired to clinch win, hit of the game 9/14 & 10/26 )
    9-0-1 record///// invited to play in tiny mite bowl and beat the team we tied in regular season
    youtube (youth football Iselin Giants and look for video that's 4 mins 19sec)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan12 View Post
    not to sound like a ****** but lets worry about this years cap problems and this years team
    Ha, no problem bro but you see that's precisely my point and Ralph's for that matter. You can't turn shut-eye not thinking ahead. Every intelligent FO is wired like this and Reese for sure has is sight ahead, even more with so many money to throw around next year. All I'm saying is Reese had a play all along for this year, who could go and who's staying but he was to be ACCOUNTABLE on his financial decisions to keep building for the future and maintain a franchise contending year in and year out.

His math blows.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    His math blows.
    Tell us how you really feel
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    His math blows.
    Hey my math isn't that good either but he has links to support that tweet, that been said the numbers can be trick on what's the amount of cash available. Heck I told you yesterday is mind-boggling calculating spent money with so many moves, contract restructures, dead money, etc.

Wow. Wasn't there a thread this week that talked about how we are in much better shape in 2014. I believe it had a link that listed the players that had salaries over $1 million, and it wasn't that many.

Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    Wow. Wasn't there a thread this week that talked about how we are in much better shape in 2014. I believe it had a link that listed the players that had salaries over $1 million, and it wasn't that many.
    There are more versions of CAP space than.............fill in the blank
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    There are more versions of CAP space than.............fill in the blank
    than fans that think they know more than the front office
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Quote Originally Posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
    Hey my math isn't that good either but he has links to support that tweet, that been said the numbers can be trick on what's the amount of cash available. Heck I told you yesterday is mind-boggling calculating spent money with so many moves, contract restructures, dead money, etc.
    I'll post later and go through all the contracts for 2014.

But even with his numbers, they would have nearly 15 mil to sign 15 or so low end free agents. Which is plenty
    Last edited by slipknottin; 03-01-2013 at 02:59 PM.