+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: Salary cap 2014.

  1. #11
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    97,273
    Quote Originally Posted by fansince69 View Post
    than fans that think they know more than the front office
    That's a LOT OF FANS
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  2. #12
    All-Pro G-Men Surg.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Down south In Cowturd country
    Posts
    10,452
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    I'll post later and go through all the contracts for 2014.

    But even with his numbers, they would have nearly 15 mil to sign 15 or so low end free agents. Which is plenty
    By all account a monumental task tyring to decipher that puzzle.

  3. #13
    Veteran ibbill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Hamilton Canada
    Posts
    2,215
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
    Ralph Vacchiano ‏@RVacchianoNYDN
    Giants need cap room, but restructuring contracts won't be easy. Their cap situation for 2014 isn't great. Look ... http://sulia.com/c/new-york-giants/f...source=twitter
    Hide summary Reply Retweet Favorite More

    Glass half empty or half full ?
    Obviously whatever moves the FO makes in 2013 restructuring deals affects next years cap. They can make more tough choices now and start getting strong cap wise or keep getting handicap dragging along cap hits.
    Thoughts ?
    Way to old to worry about 2014 just glad I woke up and seen the grass under my feet. Go get them now forget 2014 lmao
    Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

  4. #14
    All-Pro G-Men Surg.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Down south In Cowturd country
    Posts
    10,452
    Quote Originally Posted by ibbill View Post
    Way to old to worry about 2014 just glad I woke up and seen the grass under my feet. Go get them now forget 2014 lmao
    I get what you are saying but FOs around the league don't have the luxury of thinking that way, well at least the good ones Like it or not they always have to look ahead because their actions in present time have repercussions in years to come.

  5. #15
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    36,264
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
    By all account a monumental task tyring to decipher that puzzle.
    It's a lot simpler than people think.

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    It's a lot simpler than people think.
    I'ts not hard if u know u have the right contract details but thats not always the case

  7. #17
    All-Pro G-Men Surg.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Down south In Cowturd country
    Posts
    10,452
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    I'ts not hard if u know u have the right contract details but thats not always the case
    Well Slip just did an estimate and the Giants could have almost 60 MILLIONS if they make a few tweaks. In all my life as a Giants fan I don't recall the Giants having that much cap space.

  8. #18
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    36,264
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
    Well Slip just did an estimate and the Giants could have almost 60 MILLIONS if they make a few tweaks. In all my life as a Giants fan I don't recall the Giants having that much cap space.
    They wont have nearly that much space, because they will spend a lot of it resigning guys, but still. They arent tight to the cap like people think.

  9. #19
    All-Pro G-Men Surg.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Down south In Cowturd country
    Posts
    10,452
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    They wont have nearly that much space, because they will spend a lot of it resigning guys, but still. They arent tight to the cap like people think.
    I get it and that's why I keep saying that " chasing " a spend cap number is just like counting stars, you could have an estimate and for what is worth that will do the job but its nearly darn impossible.

  10. #20
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    791
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    There are more versions of CAP space than.............fill in the blank
    Than the times Cwebb was burned on Defense

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts