+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you rather a 2nd round pick or Stevie Brown?

Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    2nd round pick all day. Stevie had a nack for being in the right place at the right time, but he is def replaceable.
    The problem with "replaceable" is the learning curve, especially in what is universally described as a complicated offense.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    The problem with "replaceable" is the learning curve, especially in what is universally described as a complicated offense.
    You mean defense, and stevie didn't take to long to pick it up.

I still can't believe the player Stevie turned out to be. I was shocked when I heard he made the 53 last year. Thought he was a scrub and just a temporary fill in for Sash's suspension.

Can't say I hated being wrong about him though. The guy has been phenomenal.

Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    You mean defense, and stevie didn't take to long to pick it up.
    Wanted to see who was paying attention, he did, except he's out of position a lot which he can fix
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Either way, the tender should be placed on stevie. Either we get him for cheap or we get a 2nd round pick. Win/win as far as i'm concerned.

Now if only we could cut Rolle and use the 5.25M (out of 9.25M total) that gets freed to make some noise...

Quote Originally Posted by PBTimmons View Post
    2nd round pick. I'm playing devil's advocate that the isn't the next Ed Reed, as he is sometimes portrayed to be around here.

He was downright bad in textbook coverage. The opportunity cost being that he gambled and it payed off. Might not see 7 more interceptions for the rest of his career.
    The OP's question is a good one.

I agree with you on this. It's a real close call as to which I'd rather have because: (a) there's no guarantee that any draft pick will pan out, but a second round pick would be nice; and (b) I think that Brown was a serviceable player for us, but is being overrated just because of the sheer number of INT's that he had.

Quote Originally Posted by WinterIsComing View Post
    That's the question, as we will probably tender him at the 2nd round level. There are alot of teams that need safety help and we might actually lose him and receive a 2nd. What would you rather a 2nd round pick or Stevie Brown on the team next year?
    If we keep KP, then id rather have a second rounder. How many times have we had a young safety play well, then totally stink it up and eventually get released. I like Brown dont get me wrong, but his value right now is not a second rounder IMO, so if someone wants to give that up for him, I say sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Either way, the tender should be placed on stevie. Either we get him for cheap or we get a 2nd round pick. Win/win as far as i'm concerned.

Now if only we could cut Rolle and use the 5.25M (out of 9.25M total) that gets freed to make some noise...
    I still dont wanna cut Rolle. Not sure why everyone is hating on him so much. The whole defense looked bad last year, secondary especially. But a lack of pass rush can seriously effect the secondary. Last year we had neither.

Rolle is a player, letting him go will be a mistake.

As a first year starter Brown was a stud. He blew quite a few coverages but as the season went on he got better at that. Ball skills are really hard to find.

Apart from the ravens game he tackled well all season too.

I think we have to keep Stevie Brown simply because of his playmaking skills, one more thing is that I don't think Brown made any more mistakes in the secondary than anybody else back there because there were enough blown coverages by all of them to go around

+ Reply to Thread