+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 63

Thread: Would you rather a 2nd round pick or Stevie Brown?

  1. #31
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    98,062
    Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    He was last year. Next year is a whole new one, who knows what we see; Stevie Brown of 2012-2013, or STs player of 2010-2012.

    Stevie, or the pick, they're both gambles.
    Why can't last year be next year???
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  2. #32
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    98,062
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    He's not worth 9 million. He'd get a decent 4-5 million elsewhere, but I don't want to deal with Rolle's massive salary anymore...
    Stop writing the checks!
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  3. #33
    All-Pro Drez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    13,594
    It's a tough call. Brown made a ton of big plays, but he also blew quite a few, too. He's still a young guy, so it isn't like he can't still get better. But, a second round pick is very nice, too. Not claiming to be a draftnik, but everything I've heard about this year's draft is that there isn't a lot of top tier talent, but there's a ton of depth at a lot of positions, like OL. Having an extra second rounder would be very nice, too.

  4. #34
    All-Pro Drez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    13,594
    Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    If we got a second round pick for Stevie, I would tip my hat to Reese. Very savvy, and Patriot-esque.
    Same with Cruz. Get a first round pick in exchange for a UDFA.

  5. #35
    All-Pro gmen0820's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Audubon, New Jersey
    Posts
    18,856
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Same with Cruz. Get a first round pick in exchange for a UDFA.
    Unfortunately (yet...fortunately), teams don't bite on RFAs.

  6. #36
    No one out there will be willing to give us a second especially with the cap being what it is. Teams are leaning more on the draft again.

  7. #37
    All-Pro Drez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    13,594
    Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Unfortunately (yet...fortunately), teams don't bite on RFAs.
    Yup. I wouldn't doubt if the NFLPA tries to pursue a collusion law suit. It's seems that's all DeMaurice Smith likes to do. Sue the league.

  8. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    He was last year. Next year is a whole new one, who knows what we see; Stevie Brown of 2012-2013, or STs player of 2010-2012.

    Stevie, or the pick, they're both gambles.
    Agreed and letting David Lee and Jeremey Lin go for no compensation were awesome moves as well
    ......Eli had a close to SB Year last year also, perhaps we could package him with Steve Brown for Two #2 Picks
    I really think you have potential as a GM..................In the roller derby LOL.......You have the insight few other do.........Thank God

  9. #39
    depends on what we do with philips.

  10. #40
    All-Pro gmen0820's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Audubon, New Jersey
    Posts
    18,856
    Quote Originally Posted by BParcells777 View Post
    Agreed and letting David Lee and Jeremey Lin go for no compensation were awesome moves as well
    ......Eli had a close to SB Year last year also, perhaps we could package him with Steve Brown for Two #2 Picks
    I really think you have potential as a GM..................In the roller derby LOL.......You have the insight few other do.........Thank God
    What?

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts