+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Would you rather a 2nd round pick or Stevie Brown?

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    What?

Looks like Jakk is off his meds again. lol. I, for one, LOVE his mindless rants.
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, **** waffles.......G Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    Looks like Jakk is off his meds again. lol. I, for one, LOVE his mindless rants.
    His posts just seem to scream (internally, for him) schizophrenia.

Veteran
    Rochester, NY Yes Bills contry what can I do its where I live
    Okay how many of the people advocating releasing Rolle, also want to get a second round pick for Brown? That would leave us 2 safeties down. TC won't play a rookie so who are our other safeties? I say keep Stevie. I think his mistakes were mostly due to experience in our system. I think he would have fewer mistakes this season. I would much rather keep Stevie.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    His posts just seem to scream (internally, for him) schizophrenia.
    Been poking at Jakk's multiple personalities for years.
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, **** waffles.......G Carlin

I'd rather have Brown because he's already proven something. You never know what how a pick is going to pan out, plus he already knows our system.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Wanted to see who was paying attention, he did, except he's out of position a lot which he can fix
    Not only was he out of position many times, half of his INT's (can you take 1/2 of 7?) were way overthrown and Stevie was playing deep centerfield and lucked into 3-4 gifts.
    I'd rather use the 2nd on an OL or LB, or a rook safety in a year of strong safeties

I'm going to be very interested in KP's performance this year. I think he will be much better with another year beyond the micro fracture surgery. There are no guarantees, just like rolling the dice on TT, but we should be able to keep KP on the cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    It's a tough call. Brown made a ton of big plays, but he also blew quite a few, too. He's still a young guy, so it isn't like he can't still get better. But, a second round pick is very nice, too. Not claiming to be a draftnik, but everything I've heard about this year's draft is that there isn't a lot of top tier talent, but there's a ton of depth at a lot of positions, like OL. Having an extra second rounder would be very nice, too.
    Sounds like most of our players.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905

I'd go with the pick, because we have no idea if Brown was a 1yr wonder or not. The guy was nothing the first few yrs in his career, and now is a beast? I sure hope so, and i love em as a reserve role S, but not were talking solid money and being able to repeat seasons that have been rare in his career..

All in all, i'd take the 2nd rd pick, but i'm intrigued in seeing if Brown can come close to replicating last yrs numbers...

2nd rounder

Keep him, no brainer.
    No one remembers who came in second.

+ Reply to Thread