+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I wasn't that impressed with Bennett's blocking this year..

I wasn't that impressed with Bennett's blocking this year..

Even though he put up good stats, he was highly touted as a great run blocker. Which is essentially why we targeted him in the first place. Unfortunately, I didn't see a high level of blocking ablity, I think he was good in the run game but not great.

I have to believe that is why we probably let him walk. Our scheme requires blocking first and receiving second.

Not to jump on a hate fest because he is a very likable player, but I didn't like his demeanor when we would have a negative play. He also would loaf on occasional run and pass plays.

He had highs and lows. Not the perfect tight end that everyone makes him out to be.

With all of that said, I wish they would have locked him up for 2 years instead of one.
    Quote Originally Posted by PBTimmons View Post
    This. Pugh is not happening. Not. Happening.

He was playing pretty damn well on a bum knee but we have bigger priorities than over paying for a TE.

Not to jump on a hate fest because he is a very likable player, but I didn't like his demeanor when we would have a negative play. He also would loaf on occasional run and pass plays.

He had highs and lows. Not the perfect tight end that everyone makes him out to be.

With all of that said, I wish they would have locked him up for 2 years instead of one.

He never made those crucial catches like ballard made against the patriots game. He seems to always drop the third down plays.. i would like him to stay but cant afford big time money for tight end.
    Last edited by GIANTSACK; 03-01-2013 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GIANTSACK View Post
    He never made those crucial catches like ballard made against the patriots game. he seems the always drop the third down plays.. i would like him to stay cant afford to big time money for tight end.
    Ballard was a gritty, hard nosed player, but Bennett has way more talent.

Very good summary of his play and impact last year.

Quote Originally Posted by WinterIsComing View Post
    Even though he put up good stats, he was highly touted as a great run blocker. Which is essentially why we targeted him in the first place. Unfortunately, I didn't see a high level of blocking ablity, I think he was good in the run game but not great.

I have to believe that is why we probably let him walk. Our scheme requires blocking first and receiving second.
    I agree with everything that you said except that he was brought in here for his blocking, i feel he was brought here because of his abilities as a receiver, ones that he only showed glimpses of at Dallas.

A lot of fans overrate Giants players simply because they wear blue. This team will not be any weaker without Bennet, he will be replaced, or resigned at a reasonable contract, not this 5-7m everyone seems to think he deserves.

He was the best blocking TE the giants have had since shockey. But I do think he was a better blocker for Dallas. Perhaps he weighed more when he was on dallas

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    He was the best blocking TE the giants have had since shockey. But I do think he was a better blocker for Dallas. Perhaps he weighed more when he was on dallas
    The best blokcing TE weve had since Shockey is still on the team, Bear Pascoe. Just too bad thats all he can do.

Quote Originally Posted by StrahanSoup92 View Post
    The best blokcing TE weve had since Shockey is still on the team, Bear Pascoe. Just too bad thats all he can do.
    Pascoe is not even close to as good a blocker as Bennett. It's insulting to TEs that can actually block to claim Pascoe is a good blocker

+ Reply to Thread