+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Veteran

PFF: Performance Based Value: New York Giants

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...w-york-giants/

Undervalued
    1. William Beatty, Offensive Tackle
    It took a David Diehl injury for Beatty to crack the starting lineup in 2012, and luckily for the Giants it was a move that ended up helping the team. He allowed just three combined sacks/hits, which was second fewest for tackles with at least 200 pass-block snaps. His +10.9 run block rating was third-best among left tackles, which made him a double threat at the position. The Giants did a great job locking up Beatty for the long term just two days ago.
    2012 Cap Hit: $850k
    2012 Performance Based Value: $8.0m
    Value Differential: +$7.2m

--

Overvalued
    1. Corey Webster, Cornerback
    In 2012, Webster was near the top of the leaderboard in some categories where you want to be at the bottom. His yards per catch allowed of 16.7 was fourth-most, and his eight touchdowns allowed was second for all cornerbacks. It doesnít help that he had previously restructured his contract which led to a larger cap hit in 2012 and 2013.
    2012 Cap Hit: $9.3m
    2012 Performance Based Value: $1.1m
    Value Differential: -$8.3m

2. Antrel Rolle, Safety
    Rolle is another Giants defensive back not earning his ridiculously high salary. He allowed a 72.7% catch rate, which was the fourth worst among safeties who were targeted at least 40 times. His 12 missed tackles donít help him either. Although he at times is an asset in the run game, that isnít nearly enough to make him worth $9 million.
    2012 Cap Hit: $9.0m
    2012 Performance Based Value: $1.1m
    Value Differential: -$8.0m
    ya'll see why so many people here want Antrel Rolle gone. He's atrocious in the pass game, and while decent in the run game.. it isn't enough to justify his ridiculously high salary. That money could be used to pay Kenny Phillips and Stevie Brown. Corey Webster, well we've all beaten that dead horse already.

All-Pro
    The problem they face is that KP might be gone. So do they go into the season with Hill, Brown, and Sash?

Quote Originally Posted by drewz View Post
    https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...w-york-giants/

ya'll see why so many people here want Antrel Rolle gone. He's atrocious in the pass game, and while decent in the run game.. it isn't enough to justify his ridiculously high salary. That money could be used to pay Kenny Phillips and Stevie Brown. Corey Webster, well we've all beaten that dead horse already.
    I agree with this!

Antrel Rolle is terrible... people say he plays w/ heart, well it simply does not show. I mean one thing is to loud mouth and "bark" at people. A lot of ppl on here thinks he is a "beast" when he really isnt I mean he is just a mediocre player at best....

his inflated salary is outrageous and I would MUCH rather have KP than Antrel Rolle....

My question is did they grade Rolle as a safety when he was playing nickle corner? Everyone knows that Rolle isn't a great corner, which is why AZ switched him to safety to begin with.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    My question is did they grade Rolle as a safety when he was playing nickle corner? Everyone knows that Rolle isn't a great corner, which is why AZ switched him to safety to begin with.
    Has he played well at Safety?

Stevie Brown had a lot of picks, but he wasn't the best in coverage, either. Several of his mistakes added to Webster's bad year, where Webster would release a receiver to Brown's deep zone only to have Brown not be there. I would definitely make Brown play on a tender this year to prove he wasn't a one year wonder. I would in no uncertain terms attempt to give him a big contract this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Has he played well at Safety?
    Did I say that he did? I am just wondering how they figured out his grade. But, then again, I don't assume you'd understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by giantscolombia View Post
    I agree with this!

Antrel Rolle is terrible... people say he plays w/ heart, well it simply does not show. I mean one thing is to loud mouth and "bark" at people. A lot of ppl on here thinks he is a "beast" when he really isnt I mean he is just a mediocre player at best....

his inflated salary is outrageous and I would MUCH rather have KP than Antrel Rolle....
    I agree. I think its time to get younger faster guys. And to me that includes cutting ties with both Rolle, KP and CWeb. Unless they are willing to take a lot less money and poss a reduced roll we need to move on.. Other teams are getting Stronger by upgrading and moving on. We need to do the same or be left behind
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

All-Pro
    No, they should not give a big contract to Brown. Not yet anyway. The point is they did give one to Rolle and he seemed to be out of position even when playing Safety.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Did I say that he did? I am just wondering how they figured out his grade. But, then again, I don't assume you'd understand that.
    No they are grading his targets as targets position doesnt matter