+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Daryl Smith anyone..?

Daryl Smith anyone..?

The Florida Times Union suggests the Giants as a potential landing spot for free agent SLB Daryl Smith.

Smith has no strong coaching staff ties to the Giants, but New York is needy at linebacker and could consider Smith as a 31-year-old stopgap solution, assuming the price is right. We also like Chicago as a fit. New Bears defensive coordinator Mel Tucker has coached Smith for the past four seasons.
    Related: Bears, Giants

Source: Florida Times Union

31? That's a bit long on the tooth for most LB. Not very familiar with the guy; but this type of acquistion has cost us dearly in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by NorwoodBlue View Post
    31? That's a bit long on the tooth for most LB. Not very familiar with the guy; but this type of acquistion has cost us dearly in the past.
    I agree...we don't have room in the cap though so we need to see what he has in the tank. We have to create some competition among this unit to see what we have. It is sad, the investment we have made in our LBs over the years...very sad!

He's been one of the top 4-3 OLBs in recent years. Not sure if they can afford him, but I wouldn't hate it. Though if the giants got some young LBs in the draft I would like to see them play

maybe playing for the Jags his whole career, he'll sign a cheap deal with a contender..

Veteran
    Rochester, NY Yes Bills contry what can I do its where I live
    I don't know much about him. At 31, if the Giants did pick him up, perhaps he would be there to mentor a younger guy from this years draft. Is this total speculation, or are there rumors of interest from the Giants? He could be one of those guys that can play into at least his middle 30's. Who knows? I'm not too worked up about the idea one way or the other.

+ Reply to Thread