+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Giants, Boothe Not Near Deal

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giant...irtFinZouoKjMO

Excerpt: "Kevin Boothe started all 16 games last season at left guard and wants to return — he has spent the past six years with the Giants — and the Giants want him back. Thus far, though, the contract offer is not enough to keep Boothe from hitting unrestricted free agency and, on March 12, the open market.

“We’ve had positive conversations on Boothe,’’ his agent, Joel Segal, told The Post.
    If Boothe, 29, receives a better deal elsewhere, the Giants will have to scramble to replace him, as there isn’t a proven guard currently on the scene.There’s Selvish Capers and Jim Cordle on the roster and also Brandon Mosley, a 2012 fourth-round draft pick from Auburn who spent his entire rookie season on injured reserve." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

It would be a shame to lose Boothe!

I think he is going to get more than fair share offers in free agency and he deserves it.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
    I think he is going to get more than fair share offers in free agency and he deserves it.
    He took almost every offensive snap
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    He took almost every offensive snap
    I'm back lol another reason first pick should be O line.
    Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

Quote Originally Posted by ibbill View Post
    I'm back lol another reason first pick should be O line.
    Boothe's a steady player, and has shown good durability; unfortunately he's not a guy the Giants can throw a lot of money at with their cap situation. Between him and Beatty, Beatty was the obvious priority. I hope Boothe can find a way to stay; but, if not, I think we can replace him without breaking the bank.

I think he is gone, the entire offensive line can't be on their second/third contracts. Look at the APYs for this line and look at what they do on the field and you will be nauseas. Let's say Boothe comes in at 4m.

Beatty 7.75
    Boothe 3
    Baas 5.5
    Snee 7.25
    Diehl 5.1

That is more than 28m going out per year for a unit that has 4 out of 5 guys that will be 30 or older this season. Guys that were drafted the last few years have to step into these roles or be sent packing. Brewer is going into year 3 while McCants and Mosely are heading into year 2. It is time for them to get on the field this year or be replaced with guys who will play before year 4 and only to sign deals elsewhere.

We need to sign this guy.

indeed I think that we need to bring this guy back. He is very important to our oline, and a great guy also. I believe that he was the unsung hero of our superbowl win last year, it would definitely be a shame if we don't bring him back.

Sounds like someone is testing the market....