+ Reply to Thread

news per kffl.com

Giants | Could show interest in Daryl Smith
    Sat, 02 Mar 2013 17:08:01 -0800

The New York Giants could show interest in Jacksonville Jaguars impending free-agent LB Daryl Smith this offseason.

Share: | Source: The Florida Times-Union - Vito Stellino

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Giants | Not close to deal with Kevin Boothe
    Sat, 02 Mar 2013 12:24:14 -0800

The New York Giants would like to re-sign impending free-agent OG Kevin Boothe this offseason but are not close to a deal with him at this point.

Share: | Source: New York Post - Paul Schwartz

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Giants | David Carr likely to hit market
    Fri, 01 Mar 2013 19:28:10 -0800

Impending free-agent QB David Carr (Giants) is expected to hit the open market, and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers could be a team interested in his services due to a past relationship between Carr and offensive coordinator Mike Sullivan.

Share: | Source: USA Today - Mike Garafolo

Giants | May take QB in draft
    Fri, 01 Mar 2013 15:01:44 -0800

The New York Giants may consider taking a quarterback in the middle rounds of the 2013 NFL Draft that they can try to develop.

Share: | Source: New York Daily News - Ralph Vacchiano

Giants | Could show interest in Michael Turner
    Fri, 01 Mar 2013 14:12:10 -0800

The New York Giants could show interest in free-agent RB Michael Turner (Falcons) as a short-yardage back.

Share: | Source: NFL.com - Gregg Rosenthal

Giants | Cullen Jenkins won't sign today
    Fri, 01 Mar 2013 13:39:45 -0800

Updating a previous report, the New York Giants met with free-agent DT Cullen Jenkins (Eagles) Friday, Mar. 1, and left the team facility without signing a contract.

Share: | Source: The Star-Ledger - Jenny Vrentas

Giants | David Carr to look for chance to compete for QB job
    Fri, 01 Mar 2013 11:24:41 -0800

Updating a previous report, New York Giants impending free-agent QB David Carr is expected to test free agency because he wants to find a team where he can compete for the starting job.

Share: | Source: The Star-Ledger - Jenny Vrentas

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/team/26/nfl/new-...#ixzz2MaJGa8ua

smith and turner intigue me
    FUTURE NFL STAR

Daryl Smith is a good player and most importantly an upgrade to our linebackers. Other then last year he's been relatively healthy his whole career. He will be 31 by the time the season starts, but if we sign him to a 1-2 year deal for the right amount of money I would be all for it.

Giants fan since the early 80s

Quote Originally Posted by ny06 View Post
    Daryl Smith is a good player and most importantly an upgrade to our linebackers. Other then last year he's been relatively healthy his whole career. He will be 31 by the time the season starts, but if we sign him to a 1-2 year deal for the right amount of money I would be all for it.
    1-2 years sounds about right
    FUTURE NFL STAR

I want Kevin Boothe back.. I really am imperssed with his play "overall" , and hes got some versatiilty and can slide over to C in a pinch... We def gotta get em on a reasonable deal though.. Its not like hes top of the line or anything.. But def a quality G...

I'd much rather Peyton Hillis then Michael TUrner.. Hillis can catch the ball, and is younger, and has more to proove at this point in his career.. Not to excited about Michael Turner...

Daryl Smith could be another wiley FA signing by Reese.. Hes only 30 as well, even though it seems hes been around forever.. He could easily have another 2yrs in the tank... Hes only 1yr removed from a 100plus tackle, 3.5sack, 2FF, 1INT, 8PD, 4TFL season... A healhty Smith is a upgrade over all our LB's, hands down...

The possibility of Daryl is very interesting and its worth to bring him in and kick the tires around.
    As for Boothe it would be nice to have him back but by the looks of it he is waiting for FA to start and see how much he is worth in the market. I will not be surprise if he comes back and gives the Giants the opportunity to match an offer, a move SS and others wish they had made.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    Beat writers and weathermen... shoulda been one : )
    Thats a lot a of crazy talk, but Im dying to know if any will hold true.

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    Beat writers and weathermen... shoulda been one, but I am dying to know if any will hold true.

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

Breaking: we could try to talk ray Lewis out of retirement

I mean, its not impossible right?

Quote Originally Posted by ELIte4MVP View Post
    Breaking: we could try to talk ray Lewis out of retirement

I mean, its not impossible right?
    your funny
    FUTURE NFL STAR