+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Giants, Boothe Not Near Deal

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBlooded1979 View Post
    I think he is gone, the entire offensive line can't be on their second/third contracts. Look at the APYs for this line and look at what they do on the field and you will be nauseas. Let's say Boothe comes in at 4m.

Beatty 7.75
    Boothe 3
    Baas 5.5
    Snee 7.25
    Diehl 5.1

That is more than 28m going out per year for a unit that has 4 out of 5 guys that will be 30 or older this season. Guys that were drafted the last few years have to step into these roles or be sent packing. Brewer is going into year 3 while McCants and Mosely are heading into year 2. It is time for them to get on the field this year or be replaced with guys who will play before year 4 and only to sign deals elsewhere.
    Exactly...his age alone doesn't warrrant a big contract. He's a nice player...but looking into the future...he doesn't seem to be into the plans as he will be getting old quickly. If he wants to stay for a modest rate...that would be fine...but I'm sure he wants to see if someone will pay him some big bucks first.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Every player has to be "all Pro"?
    Honestly u dont want every player to be All Pro because u cant pay them all. Finding + VALUE is the key. Boothe is + VALUE at 2 million a year at 4 he isnt. They just better not be stupid if he wants 2.5-2.75 just give it to him.
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 03-03-2013 at 08:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    Sucking at football gets you in "Tommy's Dog House" real quick".
    That guy was disappointing I liked his college tape. he was athletic could pull real well had fantastic movement skills .Overlooked his problems with strength on tape because of strength in combine drills. Attributed most of his weaknesses to inexperience. Yes though he absolutely did Suck at Football

Solid player, great character, and would be shame to lose but cannot throw huge money at him and its likely he'll get a better offer in the open FA market.
    "Release the Kraken!"

- Dan Dierdorf, Giants vs Dolphins, 10/30/2011

If we could find an upgrade at LG that would be a nice down payment on upgrading the OL.
    No one remembers who came in second.

If we lose Boothe

we will stink at both guard positions. For those of you waiting for Snee to revert back to All Pro status,good luck. Snee has played at a All Pro level since 2009.

I think Boothe will be in blue next year. His talent is in his versatility not his overwhelming power and performance at one position. I don't see another team putting the big $$$ out there for a versatile backup

Quote Originally Posted by bearbryant View Post
    I think Boothe will be in blue next year. His talent is in his versatility not his overwhelming power and performance at one position. I don't see another team putting the big $$$ out there for a versatile backup
    Maybe but I really think he could get more buck in FA. It's not what other teams " think " what's the value of Boothe or any other player, is the market value the one that puts the price tag .

Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    You simply cannot overpay for Boothe.
    i agree i want him back but not if its going to cost alot
    FUTURE NFL STAR

2014 season
    23 rushes for 255yards 3td
    39 pancake blocks
    50 tackles 3 sacks (3 td saving tackles including final tackle as time expired to clinch win, hit of the game 9/14 & 10/26 )
    9-0-1 record///// invited to play in tiny mite bowl and beat the team we tied in regular season
    youtube (youth football Iselin Giants and look for video that's 4 mins 19sec)

Still don't know what happen with Mitch Petrus ? Thought he played well in 2011, when he was needed !!! Got in the "DOG HOUSE" .

+ Reply to Thread