+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Jim Cordle at LG

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post...to-get-younger

Paul Schwartz
    @NYPost_Schwartz
    Follow
    Giants would like to re-sign Kevin Boothe but he's headed to open market. Details and other free agent news here: sulia.com/c/new-york-gia…
    1:46pm - 2 Mar 13

Thoughts on FO giving Jim Cordle a chance at LG. He was a good players at OSU, very productive and intelligent also a leader among the O-linemen with the Buckeyes. The Giants like to draft or signed young talent and develop them as we all know and think he is ready. He will be 26 years old in Aug. and of course knows the O scheme perfectly well by now.
    I'm all in giving him a shot.

I'm not so optimistic about this..

He's the back up center, but IMO Boothe is better than Cordle as center. This is why DD is still on the roster, for now.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    He's the back up center, but IMO Boothe is better than Cordle as center. This is why DD is still on the roster, for now.
    He is the backup C but has experience in college playing inside. By all means he has the tools to man up the LG position.
    I love DD and know he brings quality depth ( LG, LT, RT ) at this moment and for that reason he will probably sticks with the team this year. That been said we need cap space and his almost 5 mill will come handy if he gets cut.
    Last edited by G-Men Surg.; 03-02-2013 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
    He is the backup C but has experience in college playing inside. By all means he has the tools to man up the LG position.
    Do we know he has the tools or are we hoping he has the tools?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Do we know he has the tools or are we hoping he has the tools?
    Of course theres a small sample to show for but I feel he has what it takes to man up at LG. Reese already said theres alot of young guys in the stable and I have a gut feeling he is going to get his shot competing in training camp.

I'm all for this.

Bronx NYC ......... Justin Gilbert "bandwagoneer"
    Maybe move Baas back to his original LG position and put Cordle at center?

That or they could get lucky and draft Cooper if he slides to in the 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    Maybe move Baas back to his original LG position and put Cordle at center? That or they could get lucky and draft Cooper if he slides to in the 1st.
    That would be interesting

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    Maybe move Baas back to his original LG position and put Cordle at center?

That or they could get lucky and draft Cooper if he slides to in the 1st.
    yup, Baas played both G positions at Michigan, and moved to center in his senior year, I believe. He played guard initially with the Niners, until their starting center got hurt.

But if Cordle is kind of like Diehl, in the sense of versatility, heck, then why not, give Cordle a shot at LG, if they can't re-sign Boothe.
    "Why did it take us three years to figure out Jerel Jernigan can play?" John Mara