+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jim Cordle at LG

Oh and they also drafted Mosley last year. And though he played tackle while at Auburn, didnt the Giants give him a lot of reps at guard before he got hurt? Im not saying he is the answer, but maybe they give him a shot at G as well if Boothe leaves?
    One day, not today, not tomorrow, not this season, probably not next season either but one day, you and I are gonna wake up and suddenly we're gonna be like every other team in every other sport where winning is everything and nothing else matters. And when that day comes, well thats, thats when we'll honor them--Jack Lengyel Marshall University

LG and RT are open as far as I see it and unless the Giants draft two high offensive linemen, it's a pretty safe bet to say that the coaching staff will find some way to get Diehl on the field. He actually looked worse at G when Beatty was still healthy in the early 2011 season so I hope someone like Cordle or Mosley can step up to play G for us in 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    LG and RT are open as far as I see it and unless the Giants draft two high offensive linemen, it's a pretty safe bet to say that the coaching staff will find some way to get Diehl on the field. He actually looked worse at G when Beatty was still healthy in the early 2011 season so I hope someone like Cordle or Mosley can step up to play G for us in 2013.
    The ideal situation is that the Giants keep developing their own guys, even if 1 or 2 guys pan out thats huge, growing in the system and stepping right into the action of a very complex O scheme. This year could turn out to be great if some guys in the Oline stable can do the job because we need all the help we can get at the defensive side of the field thru the draft.

I'm all for a fair competition in camp but if we don't draft a lineman in the first 2 rounds, we'll pretty much be banking on one of these guys to pan out. That or we get someone in FA.

Quote Originally Posted by egyptian420 View Post
    I'm all for a fair competition in camp but if we don't draft a lineman in the first 2 rounds, we'll pretty much be banking on one of these guys to pan out. That or we get someone in FA.
    Not much cap money at this moment but OL FA is quite stack.

I'd let boothe walk. He's versatile, but average and on the down side of his career. They draft fluker we upgrade at guard or tackle depending on what we do with locklear. I'd love it if we could get Larry warford in the second round he'd be a huge upgrade. I really don't think JR can afford not to draft an OL early this year. The only early pick we got is Beatty and look how that turned out.

Cordle the guy who snapped with his off hand in the National title game because his snapping hand was broken

How much could Boothe possible get on the open market are the Giants really going to go with an unknown over less then a million dollars that seems really stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Cordle the guy who snapped with his off hand in the National title game because his snapping hand was broken
    http://search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0oGd...-and-personnel

PRO POTENTIAL

--OL Jim Cordle -- He won't wow scouts with brute strength and his size isn't extraordinary (6-foot-4, 300 pounds), but Cordle displayed rare versatility over four years. He played every position across the offensive line and even snapped left-handed during Ohio State's run to the national championship game in 2007 when a cast prevented him from using his right hand. That type of versatility will grab the attention of the NFL.

The same one bro, he is tough as nails and he played all thru out the line during is tenure with my Buckeyes. Thats why he got snatch by the Giants, a Reese kind or player, keyword VERSATILITY.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    How much could Boothe possible get on the open market are the Giants really going to go with an unknown over less then a million dollars that seems really stupid
    Don't get me wrong I love Boothe and will love if he gets resigned but lets not forget he was a project player in the 1st place. He was a 2006 6 th round draft pick by the Raiders and got waived the next year. Reese signed him as a project player and the rest is history

+ Reply to Thread