+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Toughest act to follow: Eli or Tom Coughlin

Bench Player

Toughest act to follow: Eli or Tom Coughlin

I just got done watching "NFL Top 10 Toughest Acts To Follow." So I was thinking who will be hard to replace after they retire or get released/fired from the giants? Eli or Tom Coughlin

Its very close for me but i believe it's Eli Manning. Eli was one of most scritinized athlete of this generation in the NFL and kinda still is even though it has died down a lot after last year. I remembered when he wasn't in the NFL top 100 a few years ago because other Nfl player didnt respect his game. Some people even said he wasn't even a better quarterback than his mother. Imo, Eli has the most pressure to succeed in the NFL and here are some reasons:

1)He was the 1st overall pick in the draft
    2)He's in a storied franchise and in a big city market
    3)He's the younger brother of a future hall of famer and son of a hall of famer
    4)Had the audacity to want to get traded before he even drafted (made some people upset)
    5)He's in a Great quarterback draft class

I think he will retire not only as one of the best quarterback but as one of the toughest quarterback in the generation and that will be hard to follow.

your thoughts???
    "You beat yourself when you don't believe in yourself"

Both are going to be tough to follow up IMO.

and I know you're new..but you're probably going to regret making this thread lol.
    I thought we had something special!!!

Tom Coughlin. They just don't make coaches like that anymore. Rodgers, Brees, Peyton, etc... could probably run the Giants offense just as good, but the 2 Superbowls, 4th quarter comebacks, playoff QB rating, SNL skits, and overall great character would be probably a bit harder to match.

Eli. Best QB in Giants history. Same can't be said for Coughlin.

Im going with Eli

Eli Manning

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by speedman View Post
    I would agree... Coughlin is definitely not the best QB in Giants history.
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    I would agree... Coughlin is definitely not the best QB in Giants history.
    +1
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Veteran
    Eli. I promise you all that when Eli retires, giants fans will view him the same way we view LT.

Quote Originally Posted by speedman View Post
    If TC gets one more ring, he will then be the best coach in Giants history.

+ Reply to Thread