+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Toughest act to follow: Eli or Tom Coughlin

Maybe if it were 1 or 2 TD's then I expect that from Eli, but averaging 4 a game with a crappy defense? That's 64 touchdowns lmfao.
    I thought we had something special!!!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    He can hope that, and a fan can hope that, but you should not EXPECT that.
    The QB should except that. He should always have that mindset. I don't care if its 1000 TDs. If he's throwing 4 TDs a game , he should be thinking "how am I gonna throw 6 TDs a game"? He should never be happy with his performance.

Quote Originally Posted by GentleGiant View Post
    The QB should except that. He should always have that mindset. I don't care if its 1000 TDs. If he's throwing 4 TDs a game , he should be thinking "how am I gonna throw 6 TDs a game"? He should never be happy with his performance.
    That doesn't make any sense. His mindset should be let's get a W today, not let's get 6 touchdowns today because that guaruntees a win!

Veteran
    That doesn't make any sense. His mindset should be let's get a W today, not let's get 6 touchdowns today because that guaruntees a win!
    How do you know that guarantees a win. The other guy could throw 7. You prepare to do your part. If you win you don't go "ok that's my peak I guess I'm no better than that". You go "how do I make myself better". Cause 7 is better than 6. You don't pick your peak. You make sure your peak is infinite.

How do you know that guarantees a win. The other guy could throw 7. You prepare to do your part. If you win you don't go "ok that's my peak I guess I'm no better than that". You go "how do I make myself better". Cause 7 is better than 6. You don't pick your peak. You make sure your peak is infinite.
    That's my point. Your entire "he should throw 4 td's in the defense is struggling" is flawed because what if the other qb throwa 5 or 6? Now you are expected to throw 10 and that's highly unlikely.

Veteran
    That's my point. Your entire "he should throw 4 td's in the defense is struggling" is flawed because what if the other qb throwa 5 or 6? Now you are expected to throw 10 and that's highly unlikely.
    I never said he should throw 4 TDs if the defense is struggling. I said that he should run the clock out if the defense is struggling. He should have the mindset of throwing 4 TDs if his defense is struggling or not.
    Last edited by GentleGiant; 03-03-2013 at 11:40 PM.

I never said he should throw 4 TDs if the defense is struggling. I said that he should run the clock out if the defense is struggling. He should have the mindset of throwing 4 TDs if his defense is struggling or not.
    Ok I got mixed up on the defense part, but the 4 touchdown idea is still crazy to me. Just gonna agree to disagree on that one.

Veteran
    Ok I got mixed up on the defense part, but the 4 touchdown idea is still crazy to me. Just gonna agree to disagree on that one.
    Fine by me.

Not really, if the Giants had that mentality in SB 42 they probably would have lost. You only have that mentality if your offense is much better than the other team's. Sometimes using a different approach rather than i'm going to go there and throw a TD on every drive is a better alternative.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by EliDaMANning View Post
    Not really, if the Giants had that mentality in SB 42 they probably would have lost. You only have that mentality if your offense is much better than the other team's. Sometimes using a different approach rather than i'm going to go there and throw a TD on every drive is a better alternative.
    No mentality requires to play down to the wire like SB 42.

+ Reply to Thread