+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Toughest act to follow: Eli or Tom Coughlin

Both because most likely the next coach wont have a QB as good as Eli

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetZombieJesus View Post
    Depends -- how many people remember the low class way Parcells made his exit, the disappointing ends to the 1988 or 1989 seasons, etc. I sure do. On the surface level Parcells was great but if you remember those details there are a lot of warts.
    That was actually my point... few people remember that though. What they remember is hall of fame Parcells who won two SBs for the Giants.
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Quote Originally Posted by GentleGiant View Post
    Eli. I promise you all that when Eli retires, giants fans will view him the same way we view LT.

Ahhhhhhhh, now I know who to go to for the good ganja! STOP THE MADNESS!

Eli. I promise you all that when Eli retires, giants fans will view him the same way we view LT.
    Um, LT was the best defensive player in the sport for over a decade. Eli has never been the best QB in football. He will be loved forever, but don't compare him to LT.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    Um, LT was the best defensive player in the sport for over a decade. Eli has never been the best QB in football. He will be loved forever, but don't compare him to LT.
    Um, excuse me I wasnt aware Eli had announced his retirement today.Maybe not now. But that's why I said WHEN he retires. When you win win the SB, your the best QB in football. He's already got as many SBs as LT
    Last edited by GentleGiant; 03-03-2013 at 10:45 AM.

Banned
    Um, excuse me I wasnt aware Eli had announced his retirement today.Maybe not now. But that's why I said WHEN he retires. When you win win the SB, your the best QB in football. He's already got as many SBs as LT
    Well LT is arguably the greatest player of all time, where Eli isn't even the greatest QB in his generation. So yeah that comparison is a bit of stretch especially considering we are comparing a QB to a LB here. That's not taking away anything from Eli though, unless you think he is the best QB in the game right now.

There are plenty of coaches that could replace Coughlin; only a few QBs can replace Eli.

What does that mean? "When you win the SB, you are the best QB in the league". That is nonsense. When you win the SB it just means you were the best team that year. It doesn't automatically dictate any individual as the best player!

Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    What does that mean? "When you win the SB, you are the best QB in the league". That is nonsense. When you win the SB it just means you were the best team that year. It doesn't automatically dictate any individual as the best player!
    Tell that to the Ravens FO and to Flacco and his agent. They must not have received your memo.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen46 View Post
    Tell that to the Ravens FO and to Flacco and his agent. They must not have received your memo.
    Contracts don't dictate who the best player is either. Sometimes teams overpay to avoid letting a guy hit the open market. All the Ravens did was actually make it better for the QBs that are better than Flacco when their deals are up.

+ Reply to Thread