+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kenny Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by giants8493 View Post
    I am not sold on Hill at all.
    I don't know if anyone is particularly "sold" on him, he barely played. But he was a big hitter and didn't get burned too often. Even on the Gonzalez TD on him, he did everything he can.

He was a rookie too, the guy is only 22. I actually see him progressing and becoming a good safety for us.

Quote Originally Posted by ALLnygIN View Post
    I love Rolle with that said, but with that said he should take a pay cut. He's valuable to this team, but his play doesnt match the pay.. KP is our best safty hands down we know what we have with him.. he's a beast, past two seasons he's played hurt. I blame the coaching staff this season for for putting him in way earlier than what he needed to recover just to get re-injured. Brown, who knows what we have with him.. yeah he had a lot of turnovers, but really wasn't all that impressive in coverage or against the run, but he hasn't played much until this season, so you gotta contribute some of that to learning the game. So, this season should show us what we really have in him.. Will Hill is young, but watching the kid play you can tell he's going to be solid.. at least I think so..

Point is. I really want to see KP stay a Giant, he's terribly underated.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by ALLnygIN View Post
    I love Rolle with that said, but with that said he should take a pay cut. He's valuable to this team, but his play doesnt match the pay.. KP is our best safty hands down we know what we have with him.. he's a beast, past two seasons he's played hurt. I blame the coaching staff this season for for putting him in way earlier than what he needed to recover just to get re-injured. Brown, who knows what we have with him.. yeah he had a lot of turnovers, but really wasn't all that impressive in coverage or against the run, but he hasn't played much until this season, so you gotta contribute some of that to learning the game. So, this season should show us what we really have in him.. Will Hill is young, but watching the kid play you can tell he's going to be solid.. at least I think so..

Point is. I really want to see KP stay a Giant, he's terribly underated.
    agreed on all points. I really like Rolle as well. But if it comes down to keep one of the two I'm taking KP hands down.

GET WELL SOON

Keep KP with some contract changes, keep Hill and Brown. Send rolle back to Arizona, please... OR decrease the comp to fit his play! Which should be done with the rest of these guys! Go Giants!

Will Hill

I love KP!!! I always Ballhawk with him in Madden

I love KP but he loses a step every time he goes down, and its a significant step. Its so bad now that he cant play anywhere near the line cause he's gonna be 2 to 3 steps behind his guy or out of his zone, it sucks cause he was one of my favorite Giants but I think he's gonna ask for more than hes worth
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Quote Originally Posted by DownWitJPP View Post
    If he does leave via free agency we are sure gonna miss this guy. IMO when he's healthy he is one of the best young safeties in the game. I like Rolle also, but if it were a choice to keep one or the other I would keep Kenny. KP and Stevie Brown would be fine as the starting safeties with Will the thrill Hill coming in on 3 safety sets. Sash is a good special teams player and reserve safety. Here's a quick highlight vid I found on youtube...I didn't realize KP hit that hard. whoever makes these highlight vids if your on these boards great job!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDrbYXhy05Q
    That's the thing that's stopping the Giants from paying him (that and our cap situation).

Don't forget we still have Cruz and Nicks to worry about keeping next year.

Call me cynical, but I'm just sick of our secondary in general because of the constant injuries. And their inability to prevent the completion of 3rd-and-longs.

Need new blood back there. I'll take KP for the right price, but I'm not going to cry if he splits either.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    We dont know what the Giants doctors do. As much as I like KP I will understand if they let him go. What I dont understand is why they keep Rolle.
    The only way id be comfortable with Phillips getting a deal is if the guaranteed money is 25% of the deal not the usual 50%. No problem paying him 24 million over 4 years but it would be filled with bonus's and escalators .I wouldnt guarantee more then 6-8 million and im sure that isnt going to fly.
    too much money for an injury prone player and come on man,,you dont have to be a doctor to clearly see he has knee concerns. He just doesn't warrant top tier safety money as I imagine he is looking for. they keep rolle because he plays every game, good or bad. KP just can't be trusted to do that, it is what it is. if he knees were good to go he would be under contract as when healthy he is a stud. it would be a no brainer and maybe rolle would be gone already this year and not next.

+ Reply to Thread