+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kenny Phillips

Rolle needs to take a pay cut or be released.. way overpaid

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Honestly I don't get why we couldn't cut Rolle outright (frees enough cap to sign KP to a fair deal and tender stevie). Hill becomes SS and KP/Stevie rotate at FS, not to mention KP/Stevie/Hill is our best 3 safety set with existing personnel.
    Let's say we just cut Rolle and then KP goes to greener pastures via FA?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Let's say we just cut Rolle and then KP goes to greener pastures via FA?
    that would be a problem..

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    that would be a problem..
    Let me be clear, I don't care if the cut him or not, I do care that they have a plan in place and it seems to me that cutting ANYONE before you know who you are going to have is just stupid. There is no rush to release players you may need, especially if you are going to have dead money as a result.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Let me be clear, I don't care if the cut him or not, I do care that they have a plan in place and it seems to me that cutting ANYONE before you know who you are going to have is just stupid. There is no rush to release players you may need, especially if you are going to have dead money as a result.
    totally agree, if we cut Rolle and then couldn't sign KP we would be totally screwed. It has been reported that we have an offer out to KP, so who knows..he might re-sign and then we cut Rolle

Quote Originally Posted by DownWitJPP View Post
    totally agree, if we cut Rolle and then couldn't sign KP we would be totally screwed. It has been reported that we have an offer out to KP, so who knows..he might re-sign and then we cut Rolle
    Exactly or maybe ask Rolle to take a pay cut if he can still provide depth.

Quote Originally Posted by DownWitJPP View Post
    If he does leave via free agency we are sure gonna miss this guy. IMO when he's healthy he is one of the best young safeties in the game. I like Rolle also, but if it were a choice to keep one or the other I would keep Kenny. KP and Stevie Brown would be fine as the starting safeties with Will the thrill Hill coming in on 3 safety sets. Sash is a good special teams player and reserve safety. Here's a quick highlight vid I found on youtube...I didn't realize KP hit that hard. whoever makes these highlight vids if your on these boards great job!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDrbYXhy05Q
    The big problem with KP is "when he is healthy", and his knee has not been the same since he messed it up, and will not be the same again, plus we can not be paying someone to be on the IR all the time, no matter how good of an employee you might be, if you are constantly sick, you will be released and replaced.

I want KP to stay but if he were to leave, I think Rolle, Hill, and Stevie Brown could do the job. Rolle is definitely being overpaid though.

I am not sold on Hill at all.

Veteran
    I love Rolle with that said, but with that said he should take a pay cut. He's valuable to this team, but his play doesnt match the pay.. KP is our best safty hands down we know what we have with him.. he's a beast, past two seasons he's played hurt. I blame the coaching staff this season for for putting him in way earlier than what he needed to recover just to get re-injured. Brown, who knows what we have with him.. yeah he had a lot of turnovers, but really wasn't all that impressive in coverage or against the run, but he hasn't played much until this season, so you gotta contribute some of that to learning the game. So, this season should show us what we really have in him.. Will Hill is young, but watching the kid play you can tell he's going to be solid.. at least I think so..

Point is. I really want to see KP stay a Giant, he's terribly underated.