+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kenny Phillips

Kenny Phillips

If he does leave via free agency we are sure gonna miss this guy. IMO when he's healthy he is one of the best young safeties in the game. I like Rolle also, but if it were a choice to keep one or the other I would keep Kenny. KP and Stevie Brown would be fine as the starting safeties with Will the thrill Hill coming in on 3 safety sets. Sash is a good special teams player and reserve safety. Here's a quick highlight vid I found on youtube...I didn't realize KP hit that hard. whoever makes these highlight vids if your on these boards great job!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDrbYXhy05Q

GET WELL SOON

We should look to keep KP. KP>>>>Rolle...not even close. He's the only DB I fully trust in our secondary. He's almost always in the right position.

KP's range is beautiful.

the problem is when he's healthy. I don't think the giants trust his knees enough to offer him the money he is looking for so thus he will go unless he changes his stance substantially.

He IS injury prone sadly. That said, he's a fantastic safety and will surely be missed if we let him walk.

KP has exceptional range and the secondary was definitely better with him out there. His degenerative knee disease will certainly make him a question mark for any team. At the right price they would likely bring him back.

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    the problem is when he's healthy. I don't think the giants trust his knees enough to offer him the money he is looking for so thus he will go unless he changes his stance substantially.
    We dont know what the Giants doctors do. As much as I like KP I will understand if they let him go. What I dont understand is why they keep Rolle.
    The only way id be comfortable with Phillips getting a deal is if the guaranteed money is 25% of the deal not the usual 50%. No problem paying him 24 million over 4 years but it would be filled with bonus's and escalators .I wouldnt guarantee more then 6-8 million and im sure that isnt going to fly.
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 03-03-2013 at 08:46 AM.

hopefully we could work something out like we did with Kiwi when he had the neck injury.

Honestly I don't get why we couldn't cut Rolle outright (frees enough cap to sign KP to a fair deal and tender stevie). Hill becomes SS and KP/Stevie rotate at FS, not to mention KP/Stevie/Hill is our best 3 safety set with existing personnel.

Thank you Reddit for the best gif ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Honestly I don't get why we couldn't cut Rolle outright (frees enough cap to sign KP to a fair deal and tender stevie). Hill becomes SS and KP/Stevie rotate at FS, not to mention KP/Stevie/Hill is our best 3 safety set with existing personnel.
    I was thinking this exact thing. Why not cut Rolle and re-sign Phillips? Maybe they are trying to sign Phillips and if they do Then cut Rolle. Is their a deadline when players need to be cut by?

+ Reply to Thread